How to grow cucumbers / RHS Gardening

Leave a comment:

• Lozzy
    replied
    They’re marketer

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I only remove dead leaves as the plants get older, what variety are they?

Leave a comment:

• Lozzy
    replied
    I’m new to the veg growing world and wondered if anyone could give some advice on my cucumber plants! I sowed them a few weeks ago in my greenhouse and they’ve sprouted lovely. Do I keep all of the leaves on the plants or do I remove the big ones? I’m moving them into a bigger pots soon.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Two days ago I sowed a big tub of sweet candle carrots under plastic to keep the compost a bit damp,there’s also a few self seeded carrots in a tub from when I grew the carrot flowers-

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Sowed an area of about 60 square metres with a butterfly and bee-friendly flower mix. It's a bit late really but it's been so cold here, there would have been no point in sowing it any earlier. It'll be interesting to see which of the 20 varieties listed on the box actually germinate and get to flowering stage.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Sowed direct a big tub of Sugar Bon snap peas & covered with net curtain to stop mice.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    White radishes and some runner beans, never been so late but fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Lettuce today some salad bowl, spicy mix, lollo rosso and Mizuna

Leave a comment:

• Gearoid
    replied
    Courgette TriStar. I was looking at some plants in my local garden centre yesterday as I fancied a courgette but they looked so puny I passed on getting any. Today I saw some seeds on clearance at my supermarket and thought I could do a better job so a late sowing in the June warmth it is!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Yesterday, winter cabbages - Tundra, Stonehead and Red Drumhead

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I sowed dwarf beans ‘purple queen’ & runner beans ‘celebration’ & ‘white lady’

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    Sowed dill, kohlrabi, and more carrots and radishes this morning. And more french climbing beans and peas at home.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Put some more Swift sweetcorn seeds and various bean seeds on damp tissue to sprout.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Had problems with my sweetcorn this year too. Never formally have a problem with it. Some of the seedlings just died off/rotted. Put them out and should hopefully still get about 5 plants. Wonder if it is just the weather this year.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X