X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chippy Minton
    replied
    Each storm is an entity in itself, which is why they get separate names. They're apparently being driven along by a very strong jet stream. However as a resident of the North-West I can safely say - enough with the rain already. There's water coming out of the grass! Not bothering putting the fence back up until later in the week looking at the forecast, wind gusts for Franklin are higher here than for Eunice. Wind gusts to mid-week are not much lower.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    That’s what I was wondering Bren.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    It seems to be a new storm every day wonder why they didn't group them together.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Oh good grief..it’s never ending is it?

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Another named storm, Franklin, incoming tonight into tomorrow. There is a yellow warning of wind for much of England and Wales and an amber warning for N Ireland. There is also a yellow warning of rain for parts of the north west today - check your flood warnings if you live there. The ground in many places is now saturated so be aware of the possibility of surface flooding or standing water almost anywhere.
    Last edited by Penellype; 20-02-2022, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Couple of hours of heavy wet snow here this afternoon - still some on the grass but otherwise it is melting.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Bit of snow this morning but it's been a fine, sunny day so it mostly melted by lunchtime.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    It’s been snowing here for the past hour Pen.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    I hope everyone survived the storm undamaged.

There are still warnings today, tomorrow and Monday for wind and rain for parts of the country. Some of the models (but not the Met Office) are also showing the threat of heavy snow for the central band of the country this afternoon. Please be aware of this if you are travelling in this area, particularly on higher ground. This is the GFS forecast for 3pm:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-19 09.21.50.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	2541471

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I’m glad we left out extra seeds and nuts for our birds.
    Goodness knows how they managed to fly onto the feeders.
    At one point I was watching a great tit spinning around grasping onto the feeder.

Quite humbling to be honest.

Much calmer here now

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    It was very draughty up at the allotment.
    I got two eggs from a flock of four hens and one cockerel.
    The wind blew the cover off a water butt and cartwheeled it across the plot.
    It also emptied the bird feeder making all the small birds feed on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Strangely, we've had no wind at all here. I hope you all stay safe down south and don't get any wind damage.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    How is it going for you Q ?

Keep safe peeps.
    Not too bad, actually. Psychologically, seems better because it's sunny.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Yikes! Thanks for the updates Pen.
    I think we crossed the Channel on the ferry just in time

We seem to be getting touched by the strong gusts down here .How is it going for you Q ?

Keep safe peeps.
    Last edited by Nicos; 18-02-2022, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Red warning now for the London area - I can't say I am in the least surprised.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X