• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

May tomorrow!!!!!
    May tomorrow ... but it might not..

Thanks Pen

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• May = summer = shorts. I'm freezing here The windowsills are full of stuff that needs to go into the greenhouse because the greenhouse is full of stuff that needs to go in the ground but it's too cold and too dry (trowel depth down is just dry sand). I have a week off and it's going to throw it down and then go cold again!

All we need now is some sort of global pandemic and I might as well give up

Right I am officially boycotting and ignoring the weather, I shall catch a chill!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
        May = summer = shorts. I'm freezing here The windowsills are full of stuff that needs to go into the greenhouse because the greenhouse is full of stuff that needs to go in the ground but it's too cold and too dry (trowel depth down is just dry sand). I have a week off and it's going to throw it down and then go cold again!

All we need now is some sort of global pandemic and I might as well give up

Right I am officially boycotting and ignoring the weather, I shall catch a chill!
        I feel much the same. I sowed my Eskimo carrots today, wondering if it was too cold, but I normally do it in early April.

The average minimum temperature in the CET region for April was just 1C - the coldest April average minimum on record. May does not look like being a particularly pleasant month at the moment, but there is time for that to change.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• A short break from frost tonight while we have heavy rain and gales instead. Back to frost for the rest of the week before something possibly a little less cold arrives (with more rain) at the weekend.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Well, that sorted the dryness problems out Met Office has it getting milder by night here at the weekend, any hints in the models that it may stay like that? Could do with getting some stuff moved about.

Comment

• Blimmin' weather. I put my potatoes in in a nice spell at the end of march and regretting it...

Comment

• We've got through the rain , back to frost and now possible snow overnight due .

Come on weather, sort yourself out.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
                  Well, that sorted the dryness problems out Met Office has it getting milder by night here at the weekend, any hints in the models that it may stay like that? Could do with getting some stuff moved about.
                  I'm desperate to get stuff moved out too as I am running out of space under lights. Yes milder at the weekend, but most of the model runs are showing another cold spell afterwards sometime around 12-15 May. Nothing is certain at that range but it is looking increasingly likely to happen. Some of the recent GFS runs have been completely crazy, forecasting heavy snow in the south next week, but I think that is unlikely to happen. There is still little sign of anything better than around average over the next couple of weeks, I'm afraid, although as always that could change.

Comment

• Thankfully the models seem to be backing off another cold spell, although it is still showing on a few of the runs. Hopefully we have seen the back of the frosts after tonight, but it looks like the unsettled weather continues with plenty of rain in the forecast after tomorrow's deluge.

Comment

• I am putting the squashes in under frost shields and due to wind they look like staying on to the end of the month to stop the wind wrenching the plants back and forward stopping them establishing.
                      It looks like we will need support for everything.
                      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Sorry to sound like a broken record, but be aware that the models are starting to indicate the possibility of another cold spell next weekend, with the potential for frost at night. Showers could turn wintery over high ground in the north. This is not a certainty yet, but if you are thinking of planting out tender plants, be prepared to protect them.

Before that we continue the unsettled, often showery and sometimes thundery weather that we have had recently.

Comment

• I've got lows of 5c dropping to a possible 3c in a weeks time!
                          Not good at all.
                          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Models are backing off the cold a bit, hopefully they were over doing it. Worth being prepared though just in case.

Comment

• It's cooler out there tonight. Forecast a low of 4 or 5 .
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Finally looks like we're in for some drier and sunnier weather. Unless Pen knows different?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X