X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penellype
    replied
    Yes, some very chilly nights for the time of year coming up over the weekend, especially in the north.

Leave a comment:

• purplekat
    replied
    West Yorkshire forecast is showing a low of 7c for Saturday night, worth checking your local weather, might have to get the fleece out!

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    More warnings for wind and rain for tomorrow and Wednesday as expected - this low pressure system has now been named storm Francis. Stay safe everyone!

Leave a comment:

• sandspider
    replied
    Thanks P, great!

Commenting again as email subscriptions still don't seem to be working for me. Anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    More distinctly vile weather on the way this week, with another very deep area of low pressure heading our way for Tuesday. Expect more gales, lots of rain, heavy showers with possible hail and thunder, and then some very cold nights for the time of year towards next weekend as the wind turns into the north. Yuck.

Leave a comment:

• Chippy Minton
    replied
    Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
    Wind looks like being the big issue hereabouts. Looking at the fully grown bean canes it's a basic sail. Might need some additional, sturdier, restraint.
    Beans have survived so far, seem to be sheltered by the row of Alderman peas adjacent. Very windy here though and gusty. Not at all pleasant, but did manage to get the dog out between showers and cover the seedlings that are hardening off as they were getting waterlogged.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Originally posted by bramble View Post
    The weather has been horrendous here and it's still not done.
    Thundery showers and driving wind.
    Horribly windy here this morning - I have had to put some of the taller plants in pots into the garage as they keep blowing over. Likely to be windy all day and breezy into the weekend I'm afraid. Likely to remain showery too, especially in the north and west.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    The weather has been horrendous here and it's still not done.
    Thundery showers and driving wind.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
    Wind looks like being the big issue hereabouts. Looking at the fully grown bean canes it's a basic sail. Might need some additional, sturdier, restraint.
    Yes, beans seem to do that - the standard bamboo canes are never strong enough if you get a proper gale.

The warning for wind has been upgraded to red in parts of southern Ireland. Stay safe if you live there.
    Last edited by Penellype; 19-08-2020, 03:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chippy Minton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Just to add to the previous post, there is an amber warning for the south and west of Ireland. https://www.met.ie/warnings

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Some very windy weather on the way for the next couple of days, with a yellow warning in parts of the west, although it will be windy everywhere. This is due to an unusually deep area of low pressure moving up the Irish sea. Make sure garden furniture etc is secure.

Leave a comment:

• sandspider
    replied
    Answered my own question. Software update seems to have turned off auto subscription to topics.

Leave a comment:

• sandspider
    replied
    Thanks P

Bugger, I was hoping for a bit more sun now. Oh well, maybe in September...

On an unrelated note, I don't seem to get email notifications of new posts on topics I follow / comment on any more. Something to do with the new site software perhaps. Do any of the mods know anything about this?

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    For those sick of the humid, sticky, thundery weather we have had for the last week or so, a change is on the way. On Wednesday into Thursday a very deep (for the time of year) low pressure system containing the remains of tropical storm Kyle will move in, introducing wet and windy weather, and eventually freshening things up. We will then move into a more Atlantic driven pattern - cooler, changeable and less thundery, which at present looks likely to persist for the foreseeable future.

In the meantime, weather warnings for thunderstorms and potentially torrential downpours remain in force for much of England and Wales.
    Last edited by Penellype; 17-08-2020, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X