X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penellype
    replied
    Snow showers here yesterday and some quite heavy snow in Harrogate, although it melted in most places very quickly. Surprised to wake up to a blizzard here this morning as the showers were supposed to fade for today. I had to leg it to the allotment and shake the snow off the tunnel net before it damaged it. We then had a heavy hail shower and I had to do the same again.

Things should warm up after the weekend, but the models are starting to firm up on another cold snap from Thursday, which could again involve snow possibly as far south as the midlands. Plenty of time for this to change though.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    We had snow showers and sunny intervals all day.
    Last edited by Plot70; 01-04-2022, 03:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    You were spot on Pen…we had no snow this morning - just rain, but this afternoon was brill…loads of hailstones, strong winds, sleet, snow….only missing thunder and lightning!

Deffo gone very cold.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    We had snow when we were driving home from shopping today,very light for about two minutes,that’s enough for this year

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    We've got snow Pen luckily its not really settling more due later though.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Just long enough to zap the fruit blossoms again eh?

Thanks for the heads up Pen. Much appreciated as always.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    Some gorgeous spring weather coming up next week with temperatures in the high teens for many places. Please do not be fooled into thinking that the threat of cold weather has gone. The models are gradually firming up on the possibility of a cold snap around the end of the month, which would be quite enough to produce some damaging frosts and possibly a bit of snow. Very early days at the moment and everything could change, but the potential is there.
    The models had the general idea pretty much spot on at 10 days, which is impressive. The cold front is currently moving south, taking some sleet and snow with it, the snow risk mainly on higher ground. There is a yellow warning of ice in parts of the north east. Wintery showers are likely in the northern half of the country tomorrow with the possibility of more general rain turning to sleet or snow in places in the south east.

The cold snap is likely to last over the weekend, but the snow risk diminishes after tomorrow as high pressure takes over from the west.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    There has not been much snow around here. Perhaps it is going to be a white Easter this year.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Yep -1 to -2 here tonight so I've only got lettuce, sweet peas and radishes in my GH everything else is on windowsills.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Pen.
    We had -1C last night and it’s frazzled my magnolia flowers. No doubt I’ll see the new rose growth has been caught again too.
    Yes the penalty for nice blue skies at this time of year is often frosty nights. Tonight may be frosty in places again too.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up Pen.
    We had -1C last night and it’s frazzled my magnolia flowers. No doubt I’ll see the new rose growth has been caught again too.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Some gorgeous spring weather coming up next week with temperatures in the high teens for many places. Please do not be fooled into thinking that the threat of cold weather has gone. The models are gradually firming up on the possibility of a cold snap around the end of the month, which would be quite enough to produce some damaging frosts and possibly a bit of snow. Very early days at the moment and everything could change, but the potential is there.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Thankfully somewhat drier for the next few days - yesterday was awful here with rain all day. The models have been split recently between a colder and a milder outlook, depending as usual on the exact position of the high pressure. It looks as though milder is gradually winning the battle, although the next few days will have cold nights in many places due to clear skies. Things do remain uncertain though, and some of the model runs are still showing a colder spell from about 12th March although the majority are not now showing this. Rainfall will also depend on the position of the high pressure and whether or not it allows any low pressure to make inroads from the west.

Leave a comment:

• sandspider
    replied
    Looks like we're in for a few drier days but colder nights. Dry is good, my daffs are getting soggy and dejected, but warmer would be nice too!
    Last edited by sandspider; 03-03-2022, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Thanks Pen, it looks we have sunshine all day today so a good time to be out and about.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X