Continue the plant shuffles in out.
    Coats on coats off.
    Hat n gloves.

Get the shorts ready incase

Thanks Pen.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    As anticipated the weather is turning colder and rather more unsettled. Many places can expect a frost tonight, and probably for the next few nights as well.

Quite wet in the south today, the low that is producing this will move gradually east. Showery elsewhere, with these conditions continuing for the remainder of the week. Showers could become heavy with hail and thunder particularly later in the week when they may also be wintery over hills and in Scotland.

Potential for something a bit wetter and windier, possibly stormy on Monday/Tuesday, but a lot of uncertainty in the track and intensity of this system at the moment.

No real indication of temperatures any better than average (and lucky at that) through at least the first week of May.

Sorry

Leave a comment:

• sandspider
    replied
    Thanks Pen. Seems a shame to wish for rain as the weather is lovely! But my little trees are suffering in the drought and watering by hand is hard work.
    At least the bees and butterflies are having a good time.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    The fine and dry weather is set to continue over the weekend, but be warned we are in for another northerly plunge next week. Possibly not quite as cold as last time, but frosts are likely to remain an issue and there is the possibility of some snow on higher ground in the north. Any precipitation is likely to be mainly in the form of showers and isn't likely to be enough to relieve the currently very dry conditions.

Once again temperatures are likely to recover only slowly, returning to where we are now possibly some time after the bank holiday.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Saw a honey bee today .
    We have hives down the Rd managed by local honey farm.

Lovely red sky tonight too.
    Last edited by Containergardener; 22-04-2021, 07:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    OH was installing a shore power socket in the camper yesterday ( ie a normal household one) and he called me over to see if I thought it was level.....and in flew a masonry bee and started to investigate one of the holes!!!!.....brill eh?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    I have bee looking in vain for honey bees this year - I haven't seen a single one. There are plenty of wasps, various sorts and sizes of bumble bees and some hoverflies, but no honey bees. This is true at home, at the allotment, at my friend's house and at my Mum's.
    I think we might have them Pen. The lotty pond's literally been buzzing with honey bees as they come for a drink, same on my neighbours. Just looking in the back garden they're all over the rosemary (in flower) and the forget-me-nots too.
    It's a bit disconcerting when they disappear from an area though.

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    I have bee looking in vain for honey bees this year - I haven't seen a single one. There are plenty of wasps, various sorts and sizes of bumble bees and some hoverflies, but no honey bees. This is true at home, at the allotment, at my friend's house and at my Mum's.
    At last there are some honey bees on my apple blossom today. I am so relieved!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Not good news is it Pen

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I went for a wander around my ‘Estate’ to look at all the frost damage particularly to the fruit blossom.
    Usually the trees are covered in bees buzzing around - hardly any there ...it’s going to be a knock on effect for them too isn’t it .

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    I am getting the feeling that once all the stuff is planted out and established with metered water the rain will come complete with all that pesky blight that it spreads.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Thank you for the forecast Pen. Never a dull moment with the weather eh

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    Yes, very different and already causing problems with drought and frost damage, especially to fruit blossom. My early potatoes have damaged leaves even though they have been under cover.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^ yikes! - quite a contrast to this time last year isn’t it?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X