Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• littlemoney
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice. I have unplanted them (i.e. dug them up) and repotted. 24 hours later they look OK. I will keep well watered in a shady spot to see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• roitelet
    replied
    Just be quick about it. I have just moved some tomato plants for a friend who is new to gardening and had planted them too close together. Dig them up with a big root ball and potted them and they look fine. Gave them lots of water and didn’t let them dry out before I re potted them. They were about 18 ins high.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    If they only went in 10 days ago then it should be fine. The roots probably haven't expanded all that far beyond the original rootball yet.

As a back-up, you could always sprout some seeds at home on damp kitchen roll. They should sprout in 2-4 days, and then you can plant a sprouted seed by each cane.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    You can move most anything with enough rootball and plenty of aftercare.

A very kind jesture -go for it!

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    That's really kind of you .
    I agree, dig them up, they'll probably be fine or if you have any seeds, there's still plenty of time to sow more and they'll be up in no time.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Give it a go and if by the end of the week the plants look as good as when you potted them up I can't see why they won't survive.

Leave a comment:

• littlemoney
    started a topic Moving climbing french beans

Moving climbing french beans

Probably a really stupid idea but I want to try to help an elderly couple who have been isolating. They want some climbing bean plants but have no means of transport to a garden centre. I have plants to spare but I have already planted them in the garden 10 days ago. They are only 4 inches high. What are the chances of the plants surviving if I dig them up, pot them up and later in the week deliver them to the couple. I don't want to do it if the plants will not contiue to grow as I don't want to disappoint them. They normally buy plants and not grow from seeds.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X