Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade has borked the forum on my phone.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade has borked the forum on my phone.

What on earth have they done!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TkR4uV7UGcX1jgne8

That is a screenshot from how the forum is loading on Chrome on Android 10.

There are lots of other issues too.

It's still a 'job in progress ' SS....it's changing literally every minute.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Cool. I did think it might be the case. I'll come back when it's done later.

Comment

Managed to get in eventually after changing passwords three times. Problem seemed to be that the sign in took me to register when I was already registered so kept getting stuck in a loop. I finally spotted the log in bit in right hand corner.

Comment

That was happening to me too. Though I got in in the end. I understand it's a work in progress but it's kinda of messy at the moment. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Having helped with designing a website myself (mainly testing not actually doing it), I know how hard it is to get everything just right. Every browser displays things slightly differently and there are umpteen different mobile devices as well. There are bound to be bugs when big changes are made, but things will get better.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Yes, there’s tonnes of bugs that I can see but the message at the top says that so to be expected. Got to be patient I guess and let the good people do their work. I imagine that when they are just about there, they may use us guys and ask people to report anything they find or they might even create a reporting procedure or button on the forum or something. Patience is the key.

Kind Regards......Rob
              Last edited by Dynamite; 08-05-2020, 07:01 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Agreed Rob.....it's a waiting game -The whole thing of internet access astounds me !
                I recall as a child sitting on the pavement next to a guy who was repairing /fiddling with cables inside one of those green BT boxes.
                it just looked like a mass of spaghetti and I remember admiring the confidence he had
                . Technology changes and you have to admire those peeps who can sort it all out!
                Last edited by Nicos; 09-05-2020, 05:04 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X