Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted three of my sweet potato plants into large tubs and set them up in my conservatory.

Laid down some more black plastic at the allotment.

Watered.

Comment

• Planted module sown chard and lettuce hopefully they're larger enough to withstand a slug attack.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted a tiny tim tomato,mini sweet pepper plant & some module sown lettuce & spring onions in a little trug earlier. I’ve been writing a list of all the tomato varieties,tallying them up to see what I’ve got,43 plants minus the ones in the blowaway,there’s about fifty tomato plants,21 varieties. I sowed some old watermelon seeds last night & about 18 pots of runner bean moonlight. Last years runner bean plants are coming up next to my onions & borage.

Comment

• Sowed some chicory and spring onion seeds

Dug over my back garden squash patch.

Thinned my apple and plum trees. That was a hefty job, especially the Beauty of Bath apple - it had several hundred fruitlets and I wanted to thin it to one per cluster.

Comment

• Planted out 5 of my Marina di Chioggia squash plants in my back garden.

Went out and picked 85 heads of elder flowers. 45 for cordial, 20 for champagne now, and 20 to freeze to make champagne later in the summer.

Noticed one of my watermelon plants was flopping at a weird angle, and upon closer inspection noticed that the stem was severed to about halfway through just above the seed leaves. Probably snapped in the wind. I've carefully propped it up so that the two cut surfaces are pressed together. It looks freshly done (it was still oozing sap), it's still half attached, and the top growth isn't wilting, so I'm hopeful the two halves will fuse back together.

Comment

• Ameno - I do hope your watermelon stem heals over, fingers crossed it will.

I've had a very productive day today, cleared another plot for veggies, did some pruning and cut down to the ground every pesky bramble I could find, I've given up trying to dig them out as they always regrow, so now I'm going to deprive them of light and air, we'll see who gives up the fight first, me or them
              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
              Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• The weather was wild yesterday here. Incredibly windy. I wad nervous about branches falling down in the garden. A bit of damage to my peas but otherwise ok I think. Did very little in the garden just a bit of pricking out in the greenhouse.

Comment

• Morning, we still have quite a stiff breeze here, but it is warm and all seems ok in the garden, looks like we might get a bit of fresh salad later, some radish in the garden and some lettuce in the greenhouse, might even be a strawberry from the greenhouse too, SWMBO got the first one yesterday.

Comment

• Hello! (Finally got onto the new site).
                    Yesterday planted out sweetcorn, oca, courgettes, butternut squash, broccoli and sprouts. Today I will find out if they survived the wind.

tonight I am camping out in the garden with my 5yr old... wish me luck...

Comment

• Haha goodluck bikermike

Managed to get out to the greenhouse now the weather has calmed itself. Had a move around and watered a few things. Need to write a list of jobs for next week.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Potted on some mixed lettuce I'll leave them to grow a bit bigger before planting them in a bed it might give them more chance against the slugs.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sowed some tall mangetout and some dwarf french beans in the big tubs behind my shed. The peas will be growing up the back of the shed.

Set up the mesh cover for one lot of my brassicas.

Cut some more comfrey and nettles for "tea".

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                          Ameno - I do hope your watermelon stem heals over, fingers crossed it will.(
                          24 hours later, it's still looking perky, even in the midday sun earlier, and my scaffold of sticks seems to be holding the top half in place securely, so I'm reasonably confident it will survive.
                          I'll have to delay planting it out until it heals a bit, though. I had been planning to plant it tomorrow or Tuesday, but I fear I would break it if I tried the way it is now.
                          Last edited by ameno; 24-05-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Planted out three courgettes in my garden, and repotted some basil and chillies.

Planted out 6 sweet potato plants, 3 tomatillo plants, 3 pink banana squash and 3 Galeux d'eysines squash in the big bed at the allotment. Also planted one pink banana and one Marina di Chioggia squash in the compost bin.
                            If they all grow well, I'll have squash coming out of my ears this year.

Comment

• Potted on some sweet peppers and ate my first strawberry of the season(SWMBO got the first one yesterday lol).

Comment

• Today I planted up my two wall baskets with a hahm gelbe tomato & petunia in each one. Planted out a few more tomatoes,sweet peppers & a French marigold. Watered my fruit trees & all the little pots waiting to be planted out. Tidied up a bit. Sowed some catmint in modules.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X