Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now have large big red jim. is he okay to harvest?
    Or if i leave him longer will he get hotter?
    Thanks.

Comment

• How big are the pots ?
      Have you changed the food / composts / have they had enough water.
      Are they your own saved seed ?

Comment

• Ms-T Not sure if you talking to me or not.
        They're in chillis grows, plenty or water and feed.
        Think i will tear it down soon and make a chilli end this/next week.

Comment

• ghexton....sorry missed your post ..posting at the same time.lol

i would take it off...if i was saving the seeds then i would leave it on for longer.

why take it down.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post

why take it down.?
            to make some lovely chilli, however the reason i was unsure is i have been using a few smaller green one early and they arent very punchy.
            More of a pepper taste than chilli.

Comment

• I harvest all the colours for different meals, green chillies often get sliced on top of a pizza, by thinning a few off the plants, I get bigger and better red ones for adding to a curry or a con carne.

Comment

• i always leave mine to change colour , i dont like green peppers or chillies

Comment

i always leave mine to change colour , i dont like green peppers or chillies
                  Green jalapeños can be quite pleasant as a salad vegetable.
                  Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• I find they leave a not nice after taste. i know some people like them.....and i find jalapeños hard to grow. don't why.

Comment

• I guess it might depend on just how green they are? If they're very young they can be rather bitter. I find it's nice to catch them before they get particularly hot, so they can be used as a straight salad vegetable.

Without thinking, I chopped up a large, ripe, Yellow Seven Pot and threw it iinto tonight's gumbo for the three of us. That left a bit of an after taste!

It was quite nice though...
                      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• The first of my outdoor chillis is starting to colour up now. It's changing colour pretty fast in this hot weather, so I reckon it should be ripe by about Wednesday.

Comment

• "Without thinking, I chopped up a large, ripe, Yellow Seven Pot and threw it iinto tonight's gumbo for the three of us. That left a bit of an after taste! "

Are the other two still talking to you. ..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ameno View Post
                            The first of my outdoor chillis is starting to colour up now. It's changing colour pretty fast in this hot weather, so I reckon it should be ripe by about Wednesday.
                            what sort are they.?

Comment

what sort are they.?
                              Beaver Dam, which has large pointed fruit and is very mild (500-1000 Scovilles). I don't like much heat.
                              Although I had a nibble on one of the green fruits (I had to remove it because slug damage had caused rot to start to get it), and it had no heat whatsoever. I just tasted like a green pepper. I'm hoping a little heat will develop once it ripens, as I'm already growing 12 sweet pepper plants as well, so don't really need more.

Comment

• Sound nice , let me know what its like once it ripens.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X