Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has happened with the sudden dip in the weather... I was already to put my small collection into the GH but nights are around 5c for the next few days here in the outer reaches of London. So I am waiting until after the weekend... Padron and Sivri bieber are flowering and I have 3 baby peppers starting on the Padron. They are all so ready for their bigger pots.
    V.P.
    The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• How is everyone getting on with their chilis? I have the first open flower on a cayenne otherwise things a little slow. Am desperate to get them out in the gh permanently. At the moment they are still going out during the day into the garden and in most nights along with the tomatoes which is a pest.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
        How is everyone getting on with their chilis? I have the first open flower on a cayenne otherwise things a little slow. Am desperate to get them out in the gh permanently. At the moment they are still going out during the day into the garden and in most nights along with the tomatoes which is a pest.
        I’ve got my first ripe cayenne and several ripe chillies from the basket of fire plants that are still doing the in out shuffle. My (heated to not drop below 10) greenhouse plants have chillies on all of them but are quite a way from ripe.

Comment

• Got cayenne fruits growing, but still green. Some flowers on an Aji lemon Drop and just about to flower on a Joe's long. All in greenhouses, one with electric and the other with kerosene.
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Pyramid cluster chilli
            Last edited by Ms-T; 25-05-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Ooh pretty. Got a few flowers on my cayenne and one tiny chilli but nothing else yet. The habaneros are so slow growing !

Comment

• Hi folks - I'm hoping you can help me.

I have three chillies, bought as 9cm potted plants because I'm rubbish at raising chilli seed, in a chilligrow in a blowaway. I have a padron, hanava gold and a trinidad perfume. They seem to have been doing quite well, but suddenly the havana gold is showing discoloration on its leaves. It has loads of apparently healthy new growth, but the older leaves are turning yellow and purply brown.

It's being fed the mix that comes with the chilligrow - did it just get a bit starved before I planted it out and the older leaves are reacting? They went into their final pots on 18th May. I can't work it out.

Any thoughts gratefully received! :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	havana gold.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	2498817Click image for larger version

Name:	chilligrow.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	396.8 KB
ID:	2498818
                Attached Files

Comment

• If the new leaves are looking ok i would take off the old ones. you could give it a spray with Epsom salts like you do with toms.

Comment

• Thank you! I actually hadn't realised my post had been posted, as I kept getting error messages. Sorry for all the attachments!

Comment

• Hooray I can post again, I had to clear my cookies for "growfruitandveg.co.uk"
                      All chillies look extremely healthy this year.
                      I have edible fruit on my Aji crystal and flowers on about 4 other varieties one of which is a Carolina reaper the flowers seem a bit slow last year my flowers kept falling ofreaper does anyone
                      have any special feeding hints for plants

Comment

• Hello glad you made it back..i just give mine Chilli Focus or tomato feed.. When i pot up into the finial pots i put a little bit of slow releasing plant food in too.

Comment

• Cayenne still going ok. Lots of flowers/ small chillis and one that is full size just not ripe. Still waiting for the scotch bonnet and habaneros to bud. Look healthy although still pretty small might give them a wee feed tomorrow. Been rather cold and wet here last week or so think they need some sun.

Comment

• i find bonnet and habaneros do take a bit more time. . i all ways think Cayenne are the weed of the chilli world ...as in they grow faster . i like them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                              i just give mine Chilli Focus or tomato feed.. When i pot up into the finial pots i put a little bit of slow releasing plant food in too.
                              Yes I started adding tomato food to my chilli food as soon as the flowers started the reaper just seems to like things in the slow lane the flowers are still not showing any white
                              Last edited by stigs; 20-06-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Hold back the food on the reaper and under water it for a bit , i find it helps the plant to get a move on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X