Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massively behind - too late to sow Brussels sprouts?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massively behind - too late to sow Brussels sprouts?

I know what VC will say in answer to the question... but what do you reckon?

Any other brassicas (purple sprouting, kale, etc.) that you think it's too late for?

Thanks. Would be a disaster not to have sprouts, but don't want to spend time and water growing the plants, only to get no crop.

Go for it, I've only just sown Swede Tweed, Autumn cabbage Minicole , Winter cabbage Tundra and Autumn Green Calabrese. Your climate is different to ours, so don't know how long they'll carry on growing there, but I'm guessing your changeover to winter weather is a bit later than ours....

Comment

I second that. Go for it. I too, am a bit behind with my planting, but luckily there are still seeds that can be planted out in May/June. But unfortunately, I can't plant brassicas in pots . But there is a variety of cauliflower & Brussels Sprouts that are suitable for containers

Comment

If you've already got the seeds I'd sow them.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks. Our winter change-over is a bit odd. Night time temps drop at around the end of September. First frost usually mid-October, when we suddenly hit about minus 6 ºC or less. But daytime temps are still warm. Anyway, I'm going to go for it. Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

If you have a massive behind, the only thing for it is a diet!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              I know what VC will say in answer to the question... but what do you reckon?

Any other brassicas (purple sprouting, kale, etc.) that you think it's too late for?

Thanks. Would be a disaster not to have sprouts, but don't want to spend time and water growing the plants, only to get no crop.
              If you know my answer, I'll just say, get sowing

Comment

[QUOTE=Snadger;1659522]If you have a massive behind, the only thing for it is a diet![/QUOTE

My behind may be so large that no-one needs glasses to see it, but Snadger, I think you might need specs as you missed the all-important ly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X