Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m sharing a good idea to get more compost material Free.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in ikea yesterday and they had bags of coffee grounds for customers to take away. I seem to remember that slugs and snails don't like coffee grounds (I wish!) Anyone found this to be the case? I could put them round susceptible plants.
    Otherwise, do they just go on the compost heap?
    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Babru View Post
      I was in ikea yesterday and they had bags of coffee grounds for customers to take away. I seem to remember that slugs and snails don't like coffee grounds (I wish!) Anyone found this to be the case? I could put them round susceptible plants.
      Otherwise, do they just go on the compost heap?
      Any and all slug barriers simply don't work. They'll cross all of them quite happily when wet, and some of them even when dry.
      Just put them on the compost bin.

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
        I need to do this too - great idea

We have a percolator at work, so get a small, but regular supply of spent coffee beans and in addition to that, people eat fruit etc, so all that could go in too. I already take all the cardboard I can find, but it's useful to get that other stuff too!
        Yes Sarris, it’s a revalation doing it. It’s great.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
          Green waste I have a-plenty but brown can be more challenging so I do scrounge all the brown cardboard packaging I can from work, and my wife's work, and the local farm shop etc..

It's a great idea if there isn't good recycling facilities in the workplace though. Ours is terrible.
          Get the accounts dept to give you all the shredded paper too, as I also do that.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

If you were to set up a bokashi bin at work you could get all the waste meat a d dairy as well. Swap it out when it gets full and leave it to mature on the plot. You'd need a few spare bins as it would probably fill quicker than it matures.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
              If you were to set up a bokashi bin at work you could get all the waste meat a d dairy as well. Swap it out when it gets full and leave it to mature on the plot. You'd need a few spare bins as it would probably fill quicker than it matures.
              Thanks Jayell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X