New greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
    Read the instructions very carefully. There's nothing more frustrating than having to take out an extrusion because you've slid in one bolt short. You can cheat by having a few cropped head bolts on hand.

I also photocopied all the instructions and put them in knitting pattern folders as unexpected showers can leave them a mush and errant foxes can shred them!

If your bolts are ali take it easy as they shear if you heave on them. Don't tighten up fully until all glass in. Fitting my last panes needed a lot of jiggling.

I'll have a stroll down to mine see what else I can remember.
    It's been built by a pro mate, so I just sat back and fed him tea.
    If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
      Hi Burnie!

"Nice Job"

With regards to the "Grapevive" I've done it, but that was in my homemade PT which is made from corrugated plastic as opposed to actual glass, but can't see why you wouldn't get away with it in your brand new shiny setup!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69401[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]69402[/ATTACH]

I find also come "Midsummer" the vine offers a little shade too, but yes, and this is a big yes, you do have to keep it in check!

But does well for me! [ATTACH=CONFIG]69403[/ATTACH]

Good Luck! Whatever you decide!
      Cheers Deano, just not sure about the grape, I could have bought two vines for £6 today, but I'm going to have a season without one and chat to a villager near by who has a vine in his green house first.
      I went to the builders yard today and bought four 2 foot by 2 foot slabs for the inside path, either the slabs are not 2 foot or my green house is longer than 12 foot, I had to add a 5th one. Plan to dig some manure(known as dung up here) into one side and bring all my pots inside and put them on the other side. I have some fleece to put on them, but I've not added bubble wrap, does everyone else use bubble wrap?

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
        Cheers Deano, just not sure about the grape, I could have bought two vines for £6 today, but I'm going to have a season without one and chat to a villager near by who has a vine in his green house first.
        I went to the builders yard today and bought four 2 foot by 2 foot slabs for the inside path, either the slabs are not 2 foot or my green house is longer than 12 foot, I had to add a 5th one. Plan to dig some manure(known as dung up here) into one side and bring all my pots inside and put them on the other side. I have some fleece to put on them, but I've not added bubble wrap, does everyone else use bubble wrap?
        I used it on my first GH Burnie but to be honest it caused more problems than owt. Too much condensation & very little rise in Temp.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I tried using bubble many years ago and I wasn't over impressed, I have a small free standing plastic covered growhouse, that I am planning to use in the greenhouse for early propagation of my onion and leek seeds. Possibly with some form of heating if the temperature is too low, we have snow forecast on the hills tonite, so I guess winter is not far away now.

Comment

Path(and a lot of junk) installed. Twice I've turned this image through 90 degrees and it's still on it's side, flippin' technology.

Attached Files
            Last edited by burnie; 20-10-2016, 06:46 PM. Reason: Flipping photo :)

Comment

Looks like it's always been there Burnie.................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thanks VeggieChicken

Comment

Not took you long to fill it Burnie

Comment

In case you're wondering how - I saved your photo to my computer and edited it with Picture manager - and reposted it

Comment

Over wintering pots with bulbs in, the Dahlias will come out I think, this winter we will be able to use the conservatory as it won't be full of pots, well not as many pots anyway.

Comment

Your new greenhouse looks fantastic, Burnie. You've got lots to look forward to next season with this
                        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

I want one !!!
                          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Trench dug and manured one side of the g/house today, warm work in there and I've got the vent openers disconnected and the windows clamped shut because of the high winds.
                            Picked up a couple of hanging baskets for the tumbling toms for next summer in the sale at my local G.C. Will order my onion and leek seeds from Robinsons in the next week, don't usually plant till boxing day though. I will need a decent little incubator for that project.

Comment

It's been trying to snow this morning and looking at the Dahlias in the pots I put inside for the winter, we've had a touch of frost. The thermometer confirms a low of plus 1 so I've been trimming the tops of the potted flower plants and wrapped a bit of fleece round them. Not planning on sowing anything until Boxing Day, when I traditionally sow my Onion seeds.

Comment

Just posted this in another thread, then thought it would have use here too. If you look, I've put plastic soffit round the bottom of my greenhouse where the lawn is adjacent, this is to stop any shrapnel shooting out of my hover mower and making holes in the glass(I hope!!).
                                Last edited by burnie; 05-01-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X