New greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New greenhouse

My new Rhino will be charging up the motorway in early October, gone for the 8 x 12 premium which I'm having fitted directly to the levelled soil. I was contemplating growing everything in bags/containers, but was advised by one of our fellow gardeners to use the ground as well. I can spend the autumn/winter getting everything ready for next season, with an early start. Plan to have a grape along the ridge with the roots planted outside of the g/house, so that could be my first purchase.
    If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.

Congrats on your new GH you could sow some winter lettuce like 'arctic king' or 'all year round' I've sown both in modules to plant in the GH border once my toms have finished. Its nice to have a bit of lettuce to eat over the winter months.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 29-08-2016, 11:59 AM. Reason: missed t of plant

Comment

Oh boy, gets delivered on Tuesday, not many sleeps now(you'd never guess I'm a 6 foot 4 ex rugby player would you?)

Comment

Having an extra tall GH, Burnie?
        How exciting!!

Comment

Some installers only fit onto a hard base/foundation do you have to have something solid for the framework,like a concrete trench or slabs,I don't know? If it's directly on the soil,it could move/warp?

Comment

sounds great burnie ,im putting my 6x8 greenhouse up my lottie to do the same, does anyone have a link to a thread that this has been done before on here or have any tips on training the vine ? cheers in advance
            The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
              sounds great burnie ,im putting my 6x8 greenhouse up my lottie to do the same, does anyone have a link to a thread that this has been done before on here or have any tips on training the vine ? cheers in advance
              Try this, I intend to use their advice and buy a vine from them in January as it's not available yet.
              https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                Some installers only fit onto a hard base/foundation do you have to have something solid for the framework,like a concrete trench or slabs,I don't know? If it's directly on the soil,it could move/warp?
                The Rhino comes with a base and it will be anchored with concrete, I've spoken to the fitter and this is a standard method of installation.

Comment

Fitter comes to build the g/h on Friday, 2 mahoosive water butts delivered from Wilkos on line, just need to decide on what to do for a path inside the house. In the past I just left it as dry soil, what has everyone else got, is there any advantage having slabs?

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                    Fitter comes to build the g/h on Friday, 2 mahoosive water butts delivered from Wilkos on line, just need to decide on what to do for a path inside the house. In the past I just left it as dry soil, what has everyone else got, is there any advantage having slabs?
                    i found slabs fine,but they can draw the ants nest's when it gets warm,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Slabs for me. Never had a problem. Keeps the place nice and clean and doesnt get muddy in the wet weather.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Its handy to have some sort of path especially in hot weather so you don't get too muddy when you tip water around to help cool your GH. I use a couple of stone flags that we found in the garden when we moved here.

Comment

I will have slabs outside and as this has a level/no step entrance I guess it would make sense to slabs inside too

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                            Put slabs inside burnie but as you have a bit of time, dig a trench 9"-12" deep to sit the slabs on, this will then give you extra headroom.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              Put slabs inside burnie but as you have a bit of time, dig a trench 9"-12" deep to sit the slabs on, this will then give you extra headroom.
                              I did this with my last house in Englandshire, I will see how tall it is once built as I intend to have a Grape in there, I'll need to be able to get to it easily.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X