Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veggiechicken
    replied
    What do the labels on the boxes say? There must be a glazing kit its built for (be it glass, twin-wall polycarb or like mine, single sheet rather flexible plastic).

Leave a comment:

• spamvindaloo
    replied
    Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
    spamvindaloo,

Please update me as well when you sort about glazing. me dumbo, but bought as much of frames.
    are they suitable for polycorb only or can I go for glass as well!
    Originally posted by gardengeordie View Post
    im in the same boat bought 2 today 6x6 and the bases but couldnt get the glass, if yous come across a good source i would appreciate it :-)

thanks very much
    I'm not 100% certain as mine are still in the boxes and likely to stay there for a few weeks at least but I think they will take standard greenhouse 4' x 2' 4mm twin wall polycarbonate sheets like these:

4mm Clear Polycarbonate 610mm x 1220mm Ideal For Greenhouses (2ft x 4ft) | eBay

Leave a comment:

• Nannysally99
    replied
    Mine is still in its box in the garage, don't get me started ....
    This summer maybe?

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    im in the same boat bought 2 today 6x6 and the bases but couldnt get the glass, if yous come across a good source i would appreciate it :-)

thanks very much

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    If memory serves me right, 4mm twin wall polycarb slides down the frame.

Leave a comment:

• Elfeda
    replied
    BM

I really looking for green house, I have wood and scaffold poles for making cages of required height now(kept on collecting for lotta poly tunnel/frames)

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Unless you specifically want a greenhouse, I would join them together to make a 14'x6' cage like this:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1278498

Leave a comment:

• Elfeda
    replied
    spamvindaloo,

Please update me as well when you sort about glazing. me dumbo, but bought as much of frames.
    are they suitable for polycorb only or can I go for glass as well!

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    Going to check it out tomorrow then!

Leave a comment:

• Elfeda
    replied
    I bought 1 8x6 and 1 6x6..but no glazing, not sure how I am going to get the glazing, should I buy poly corb sheets or buy on ebay!!

Leave a comment:

• spamvindaloo
    replied
    Read this last night then promptly forgot all about it

Saw it on another site at around one this afternoon and rushed out the door expecting to find the local B&Q stripped bare. Managed to get two 6x6 greenhouse frames complete with base for £25 each. One green and one silver unfortunately but the last two on the shelf. Now I just need to decide why I need two greenhouses and what I'm going to do with them I think the second one might end up being either a brassica cage or a fruit cage. No glazing packs unfortunately so I'll have to have a look on eBay for some polycarbonate.

The member of staff I spoke to said that they are on clearance nationally because they are stopping selling them in-store. Apparently they take up too much space and it is better for B&Q to deliver them the next day than stock them in the stores. So this will be the last chance to pick up a cheap greenhouse in B&Q as you won't be able to buy them in store when they've gone.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Don't tempt me!!!

Leave a comment:

• rhyswales
    replied
    B&Q Greenhouses Very Cheap Again

Hey all,

Posted a similar thread a few years back about b&q getting rid of their excess greenhouse stock. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1275508

Had a friend contact me who popped in to my local and they are shifting excess stock again.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• gardengeordie
    replied
    thanks very much, seen the harmony on there site at the same price as the verve so think i may go for that :-)

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    I believe Harmony is part of the Palram product range. Verve Is B&Q's brand name. P.S.............Welcome to the vine.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 25-01-2016, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X