Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    See post 63 Ross.
    Cheers I could remember seeing it but couldn't remember where.

Comment

• For anyone lucky enough to source any of these bargains, don't faff about with tiny plant labels. From the boxes, make some hooge ones that you can write an essay on.................

Attached Files
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• What a good idea!

Comment

• BM you've just started the little cogs working in my head. Will be back later with a prototype

Comment

• Thanks for the inspiration BM

Here's my big plant labels. Made from old or broken fish boxes.
            They won't get lost in the beds when things start growing.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Excellent, I love 'em.................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Glazing pack

Hi
                B&Q have another clearance and picked up a 8x 6 verve aluminium polycarbonate greenhouse like mentioned on here, which states on box (as in pic on here), frame and base.
                I am guessing these were old stock that the store should have got rid of months ago, but wondered if anyone knew if still possible to get clearance glazing in any stores?
                I thought product code was previously mentioned on here but I can't find and that may help with a phone around b and q stores?

If not I see the 10 packs on ebay of 4mm polycarb- I believe these are okay to use?
                But, I phoned one shop and he said would need 30-35 sheets, which would be £100+!!

I think I may have to take back but at £15 seemed cheap?
                Any help appreciated

Comment

• Hi and welcome!
                  There was another thread about these cheapo GHs at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ghlight=palram

I've merged them both as they all deal with the same B&Q bargain GHs

BTW I've covered the frames with netting and turned them into fruit & brassica cages.
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 14-07-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• tried to ignore this thread this time again but when I went to shop,can't resist picked 3 6x4 polycorb with sheets for £10 each.

not sure if the packs has any missing parts.

Comment

• I have one of these that I bought for a fiver because they were going to chuck it because it had a few damaged and missing bits. A damaged strut for one of the panes but managed to jam it in and some fixing missing for the window so I didn't out in a window, just slid in one of the panes. Will throw open the door when it gets too hot.

All in all not bad, it doesn't feel as flimsy as I thought it would and has stood up to the wind just fine. It took two days to put together though, it goes together very clever using mainly one type of bolt and one type of nut but it takes a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by deano72 View Post
                        Hi
                        B&Q have another clearance and picked up a 8x 6 verve aluminium polycarbonate greenhouse like mentioned on here, which states on box (as in pic on here), frame and base.
                        I am guessing these were old stock that the store should have got rid of months ago, but wondered if anyone knew if still possible to get clearance glazing in any stores?
                        I thought product code was previously mentioned on here but I can't find and that may help with a phone around b and q stores?

If not I see the 10 packs on ebay of 4mm polycarb- I believe these are okay to use?
                        But, I phoned one shop and he said would need 30-35 sheets, which would be £100+!!

I think I may have to take back but at £15 seemed cheap?
                        Any help appreciated
                        B&Qs polycarbonate greenhouses are made by Palram so search for Palram replacement sheets or look on their website.

Comment

• Hi,
                          I'm very late to the party here... I just found my 4' x 6' GH in the garage and decided to put it up.
                          No glass packs, only frame and base.

Reading through this thread:
                          - twin wall 4mm polycarbonate works as an alternative
                          - the 4x6 requires 2 x Pack two & 1 x Pack four glass packs
                          -
                          - Pack 4 contains:
                          4 x 610 x 544
                          1 x 610 x 467
                          1 x 610 x 229
                          2 x 610 x 234 (triangle?)
                          - No idea on Pack 2
                          610 x 610 ?

- Some instructions here:
                          I'm considering something like this, but it could get expensive...
                          https://www.therange.co.uk/diy/build...rbonate-sheet/
                          ebay probably cheaper i guess.

Comment

• Has anyone still got the 4x6 instructions? We have just bought in box second hand but the instructions were wet and tore as we removed from the box.

Comment

• Hello and welcome, Woodham.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Bren in Pots recommended this site as a possible source of greenhouse construction instructions. If yours isn't here, if you have a look at a few, it might provide you with inspiration as to how yours should be built. They seem to be much of a muchness.

https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/technical-help/

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodham5264 View Post
                                Has anyone still got the 4x6 instructions? We have just bought in box second hand but the instructions were wet and tore as we removed from the box.
                                Hi, I should still have mine... does yours look like this?
                                https://forum.gardenersworld.com/dis...o-glass#latest

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X