Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueA
    replied
    Snadger are you going to go on 'Dragon's Den' with the idea & see if you can get any money out of them to market your idea? Not sure if 'health & safety' would pass it but it certainly looks cosy!

Leave a comment:

• mandyballantyne
    replied
    Can I place an order please.............

Leave a comment:

• kirsty b
    replied
    Thats cool Snadger. It may not look pretty, but its beauty is in how well it works.
    Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• Lesley Jay
    replied
    That looks absolutely fantastic Snadger! Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Alice
    replied
    Just brilliant Snadger. When can you do mine ?

Leave a comment:

• pigletwillie
    replied
    A quality looking contraption Snadger.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
    I'm impressed snadger & we all thought you were mad. Just remember they thought Crippin was mad ...... oh, he was so maybe .........
    You're such a smooth talker Nic................

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    I'm impressed snadger & we all thought you were mad. Just remember they thought Crippin was mad ...... oh, he was so maybe .........

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    started a topic Snadgers patent stove!!!

Snadgers patent stove!!!

Well after a lot of thought (about 3 1/2 minutes actually!) I decided not to heat my top greenhouse but heat my main greenhouse by means of a wood burning stove fashioned out of a Propane bottle!

I designed it with two doors, one for loading and one for cleaning. The flue is the tapered hexagonal top of a floodlight tower (just had it lying around!)

Fired it up the other day as a trial run outdoors and to burn the paint off! Packed it full of paper and timber and lit blue touch paper and retired to a safe distance!!! Whoosh!! Brilliant, burns like a goodun!

Stuck it in my greenhouse but once I fired it up the glass on the windows got hot enough to fry an egg. Stuck a few breeze blocks round it as deflectors and to act as a heat sink for overnight storage heating!
    Doesn't look much but works like a dream.! If I get lazy and can't be bothered to chop wood I just leave the top door open and leave the wood sticking out.
    Was in greenhouse today in the pee-ing rain potting on plants with the stove on and it was so comfortable I didn't want to go home! Everyone at lotties wants one now and I'm thinking of charging an entrance fee on my greenhouse! They can make there own though as if I ever make another improved version it will be for my other greenhouse!
    Now I know it's a success I may take it out again and make a better job of the surrounding blockwork!
    Anyway here's a couple of piccies, it may not be pretty but it's mine all mine!
    Attached Files

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X