No announcement yet.

The Flower Seed Circle 2018

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a shame seasprout, i’ve Had s few hiccups this year too. Though I have s new motto - if all else fails, raid your neighbours garden!

Comment

Does anyone want some Acanthus spinosus (Bear's breeches) seeds?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9793.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	2381151

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Does anyone want some Acanthus spinosus (Bear's breeches) seeds?
        Ooh yes please

I've got Verbena Bonariensis and Achillea Pearl I also managed to save seed heads of my Agapanthus and Crocosmia Lucifer but left them on the same tray, so have to try to separate the seeds LOL

Did better seed saving in the garden because I can use the hose there - not allowed them on the allotments

Comment

Only a few more days peeps to confirm or opt in for this year. If you have any issues please say - no need to panic in silence, if I can help I will.

Comment

It looks like we have 6 of us this year. If you could please send 6 packs just in case we have a last minute addition. I have sent my details via message if you have not received it then let me know.

Please don't forget to include a return address label and stamps to cover postage. 1st class small parcel - 3.45 or 2.95 for 2nd class. If the return parcels are lighter/smaller I will return excess stamps.

Also please don't forget the VSP just let me know if there is anything you fancy to be added to your parcel.

x

Comment

Great, thanks NG I posted mine off this afternoon, so hopefully it should arrive with you by Friday. I also included a VSP selection in the same envelope, so added a few extra stamps just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Woo Hoo! The first parcel has landed. Thank you WPG

Comment

Bagged up morning glories and mixed poppies. Promised chrysanthemums, said didn't have enough, but turn-out I DO have enough so that's the third set. Tube sent tomorrow, weather permitting
                  https://beingbears.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                    Ooh yes please

I've got Verbena Bonariensis and Achillea Pearl I also managed to save seed heads of my Agapanthus and Crocosmia Lucifer but left them on the same tray, so have to try to separate the seeds LOL
                    Sorry but the Achillea seeds were turning mouldy, I obviously hadn't dried them enough So just the other 3 from me. All bagged up I should get to the PO tomorrow or Saturday

Comment

Sent my set of seeds. Now I'm really embarrassed by the little hand made packs with    washi tape on them but I'm a little crazy and remind folks there isn't a rule about the pack itself, only it needs be sealed. And remember there's no law, forum or otherwise, against crazy.

Just pull the little tab on the pack to open and u can pour the seeds in your own fancy pants packs easily.

I didn't have enough bags. I'll do better next year when I've had time to buy the bags. I felt like, if I waited to buy them online and arrive I wouldn't get this done. And I don't even know if I can find them in that podunk town. Even if I did it would be 20mins walk to and fro, so a** that. Sometimes I really miss Manchester.

Comment

Dunno if there is a separate thread for this but these are the 1st generation of the morning glories I sent

Name:	IMG_20160802_081042631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	2381568They were from a seed swap group.
                        (Ignore the background rubbish, just stuff for an upcycle project)
                        These are the 2nd generation from those saved seeds

Name:	DSC_0021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	2381570
                        Not the best of them as they only open in the morning and I'm a night person didn't get to take lots photos. The first set were the highlight of our street.

I sent the 3rd gen of those seeds for the swap. Hope you guys get them OK.
                        Last edited by Squingy; 19-11-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I love morning glories Squingy! Never grown pink ones before so really looking forward to that.
                          I'd added a few seeds of Grandpa Ott in my parcel, they're a dark purple colour (afraid my computer is refusing to accept photos, so I can't post pictures).

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post

7. Squingy - chamomile, chrysanthemums and morning glories
                            Hi all,
                            Cleared this with the mod already not to disappoint anyone but no chamomile this year didn't get a lot of seed and what I got I left near window and they got damp with condensation.
                            Sent some mixed poppies instead.

Comment

Mine will go on the weekend! Been busy...

Comment

Thelmas and Squingys have landed. Thank you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X