No announcement yet.

Seed swap - 50 posts? Where to find it.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed swap - 50 posts? Where to find it.

Hi there, I was going to put a post up. I have just gone through all my seeds and listed ones I don’t need and also ones I need and was going to see if anyone wants to do a swap. I was checking out the rules and you have to be a member for 3 months minimum which is fine for me. You also need at least 50 posts in the last 3 months.

All I can find is a total posts and average per day. I wondered if anyone point me in the right direction to where I can find the info on how many posts I’ve made in the last 3 months.

Kind Regards.......Rob
    Last edited by Dynamite; 29-12-2017, 11:58 PM. Reason: Grammar

Don't worry, Dynamite - you qualify You've made 50 posts since 28th September 2017!

If you go to your profile page, View latest posts, you can see all your posts there. My settings show 25 posts per page so only have to go back 2 pages to see your last 50.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 30-12-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Don't worry, Dynamite - you qualify You've made 50 posts since 28th September 2017!

If you go to your profile page, View latest posts, you can see all your posts there. My settings show 25 posts per page so only have to go back 2 pages to see your last 50.
      Ahhh right. Much appreciated VC.

Rob

Comment

Rules are here if anyone wants to have a look:
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nce_76437.html

Obviously it's for the mods to update or revise if necessary, but I get the impression that once somebody's met the three months and 50 posts rule in general, then the 50 posts in the last three months is in practice more of a grey area.

It's a good thing in general to discourage people joing the vine, asking for freebies, then disappearing without making any real contribution. Having said that, any private swaps arranged by pm are at the discretion of the people involved, but in those circumstances it wouldn't be fair to complain to the mods if things don't go as expected.

I'd like to see more seed saving and swapping on the Vine, and it's one of the main reasons I joined this forum in the first place. Look forward to seeing your swap offers, Rob

Comment

There have been lots of people who've joined the Vine just for summat "Fr33" . That's why the word is edited out of titles.
          The 50 posts "rule" was introduced so that only active members could benefit from the swaps and giveaways. It can also be brought into play when someone who joined years ago, has minimal posts, comes back out of the blue just to ask for seeds. It happens.
          We all know who is active on here and who is a scrounger - without checking exactly how many posts they've made.
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 30-12-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I should get them all listed on the seed swap forum sometime tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks everyone.

This reminds me of Noel Edmonds and crew back in the 80’s when I was a kid. Multi-coloured Swapshop. LOL.

Kind Regards.......Rob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X