Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli & Pepper Seed Circle 2016

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Anyone interested? We all love our chillies perhaps try saving just one variety each? We can finalise the details later on in the growing season when you have a better idea on which ones that are doing well.

Peppers and chillies are a little more difficult to save seed, they often don't fruit and they can cross with each other. You can isolate one in the house, or one in the GH, bag the plant or a flower or use the glue method (I will find some links).

DIY Pepper Seed Saving Instructions from The Real Seed Catalogue
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ies_53842.html

# Please save from named interesting varieties only and no F1s.

1. [B]scarlet - , hoping for black naga, Orange Jalapeno, Numex Bailey Piquin, red manzano, tri colour, royal black.
    2. Trip - purple jalapeƱo, red hab
    3. Sparrow - Trepadeira Werner
    5. Vixylix -lemon drop
    6. Ms T - Aci Sivri and Ahkabar and a cross [\B]
    Last edited by Scarlet; 22-12-2016, 09:25 AM.

Yes please Scarlet

Comment

yes please, I'm in

Edit: are to ok to have 2 lots of circle seeds sent in in 1 parcel and vice versa?
      Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 13-02-2016, 09:37 AM.
      Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
      Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
      Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

Yes please
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

me too.. NG, I was suggesting the same at the start of the main circle. we send one pack and one SAE... I try to share my tomato circle and chilli circle seeds to planetologist as well.. as any way I send seeds.

may be at the time of mid spring when we are busy sowing squash and cues..we may have one circle for all cucurbita family as we need few varieties of each..ideally I suggest NG to run one seed circle like that

Comment

Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
            me too.. NG, I was suggesting the same at the start of the main circle. we send one pack and one SAE... I try to share my tomato circle and chilli circle seeds to planetologist as well.. as any way I send seeds.

may be at the time of mid spring when we are busy sowing squash and cues..we may have one circle for all cucurbita family as we need few varieties of each..ideally I suggest NG to run one seed circle like that
            Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion. I just meant the tom circle and the chilli circle as Scarlet is organising both. I have no issue sending them separate if that helps the organiser

I have no issues with doing a circle but we have a few going this year and don't wish to bombard people
            Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
            Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
            Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to give this a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                I have no issues with doing a circle but we have a few going this year and don't wish to bombard people
                oye.. no confusion..nyway Scarlet is going to confirm whatever. me too want to finish as many bought cucurbita's before I start self saving.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                  are to ok to have 2 lots of circle seeds sent in in 1 parcel and vice versa?
                  Yes, Tomatoes and chilli seeds can be sent in the same parcel.

Comment

I would like to add that often a chilli doesn't produce in the first year and it takes a lot of time and effort to get that fruit. So could everyone be very careful on how they save seed. We really don't won't any crosses, it's such a disappointment if you finally get some fruit and it's not as it should be!
                    With this in mind could we all make sure that all seed you start with is from a good source/supplier. No HK imports or scrabbling seed from a pepper out of the fridge.

Comment

would like to try saving Chilli Pepper Poblana Ancho, is that ok!

Comment

Yes Elfeda, make sure you either bag the plant, blossom before its opened or grow it indoors.

Comment

I'm in Scarlet...(again if you will have me)
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes please
                            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

OK......... You persuaded me. I will give it a go . No promises tho. None of my chilli's have germinated yet. Then I don't know which one to try. From my potential 21 varieties I've narrowed it down to 6. That range from hot to blow your bl@@dly head off
                              https://m.facebook.com/Isle-of-Mull-...9854614879285/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X