X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flower Seed Circle 2016

Something a little different!
    Who would like to join in a Flower Seed swap this year? Open to up to 20 members.
    Save seeds from at least 2 varieties of flowers (Not F1), bag them up at the end of the year (so if 20 members you'd need to send in 20 packets of each type of seed), post them to me with some stamps for return postage, and grow some luvly flowers from our gardens next year.

Anyone interested?
    Closes to members on 31st October. Anyone who hasn't said what they have saved by 31st October will be removed from the list

We are :-
    1. Veggiechicken - Cedronella triphylla, Yellow flag iris, Acidanthera
    2. Scarlet - Agapanthus, globe thistle, monks hood, astrantias, Jacobs ladder, lupin, perennial poppy, sunflowers-mixed, rudbeckia
    3. seasprout - Dahlia Sunny Reggae, Lunaria annua ex chedglow +++
    4. Norfolkgrey - Purple Toadflax, Opium Poppies, Scabiosa Stellata - Ping Pong, Linum Red Flax, Helenium - Autumn Lollipop and Dahlia.
    5. Mothhawk - purple morning glory, musk mallow, cyclamen neapolitan
    6. Planetologist - Sweet Rocket, Foxglove, Poppy
    7. WPG - Cerinthe, Aquilegia yellow queen, Honesty, Nigella, Welsh poppy
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-12-2016, 10:15 AM. Reason: Green = seeds received

Me, me Me! Not sure yet, probably rudbeckia, perhaps lupin...Hmm will have to take a walk and see what I've got.

Comment

Go on, I'm in.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm in. Will keep it a mystery. Hopefully it will be the kick up the bum to actually grow more flowers.

Comment

I do not do many flowers but trying a few different edible sunflowers (massive and small) I am sure i can think of something else if you want boring sunflowers but understand if you don´t
          They are
          Giant grey striped
          dwarf sunspot
          skyscraper
          I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

I love sunflowers...

I'm also going to use this to get my garden a little prettier. The past few years ive spent so much time on veg my garden has become a little neglected. Last year I had a blitz on trees and overgrown shrubs so hopefully I'll have a little more room and some brighter borders. I'm gonna sow some today

Comment

I love sunflowers too
              Sounds like a few of us need a virtual kick up the rear to florify our gardens. Let's make 2016 the Year of the Flowers.
              In my mind, in 2017, I'll have a flower patch full of Vine flowers and I'll know who sent the seeds and take extra pleasure from them. Soppy old chicken

Comment

me too.. but I post the list I have bought..pick one and chase/guide me

Comment

Count me in. Lovely idea. I can do cyclamen neapolitan, maybe clematis.....I'll have to have a think what else I have....
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

Yes, please. I never isolate flowers, so is it ok if it includes things that could be crosses? E.g. I have foxgloves of different colors in the garden, and crosses of yellow and orange calendula. I'll grow seeds of dame's violet which honeybees really seem to like.

Comment

That's find, Planetologist. I'll add you to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by planetologist View Post
                        Yes, please. I never isolate flowers, so is it ok if it includes things that could be crosses? E.g. I have foxgloves of different colors in the garden, and crosses of yellow and orange calendula. I'll grow seeds of dame's violet which honeybees really seem to like.
                        Is Dames Violet the same thing as sweet rocket? Lovely, if it is.
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

My baby Christmas box has produced 12 berries.

That's one seed each then
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

I've got these flowering at the moment - the cornflowers are perrenials. Really good filler/ground cover.
                            The aquilegia is William guiness. I forgot to save seed last year. I know aquilegia will cross but I've none flowering at the moment. Worth a shot? Bag some flowers? It's never reseeded itself.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've never tried isolating the flowers. But the seed is easy to collect and easy to grow, as long as you give the seeds plenty of time to germinate.
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X