X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    I hear you, seasprout
    Shall we set the deadline for participants as 31st October - same as the HPS?
    I'll add it to the 1st post
    Ok, I'll finalise & seal my packs on 1st of Nov then.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm still in. I've got purple morning glory, musk mallow, possibly cyclamen neapolitan (not sure how many seeds there are yet, would folk be happy with just a few?).

I may do cupid's dart, but to be honest it's such a fiddle getting the seeds out of the seed heads that I may not. How the plant spreads itself around is a mystery, the seeds won't drop out or shake out, and yet it's a flimsy papery thing.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
        Not sure how many seeds there are yet, would folk be happy with just a few?.
        Yes, I hope so cos ive just saved some agapanthus - there might only be two seeds each!

Comment

So we are up to 5 packets/people now.

A useful bump for this thread.

Comment

Now 6.

Not long now......

Only 2 left.... bit like an Agatha Christie novel.

Comment

Bump....

Only 6 days left to the deadline closing date for declaring seeds. Lisasbolt seems to have disappeared - no posts since May. So, last chance for anyone else to join in.
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Bump...

Almost there....

Will soon be sealing up my packets.

Comment

I'm just waiting for my rudbeckia seed heads to dry.

Comment

I've just got 100 little grip seal bags off t'interwebby, very cheap, so I'll be sorting out my seeds tomorrow.
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

I need to get bagging!
                      I'm going to take Lisasbolt off the list as I'm sure she won't be participating.
                      That leaves Elfeda, who hasn't said anything about this circle recently.

There'll be a little surprise in your return parcels too
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-10-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

VC,

The flowers grown this year are usual ones and may not be interesting in this big flower circle. but for next year, sown many sweet peas. would be happy to join next year's

Comment

Ok, Elfeda, thanks for letting us know. I'll take you off the list.

Comment

I've got my seeds ready to send. I'll be sending them in a padded envelope with enough postage for return of same as I've found that fresh seeds, especially if fine and tiny, often get crushed to paste in those whizzing postal sorting machines where the envelopes go between two rollers

The cyclamen are in, and I've added biennial wallflowers to the package. I've never grown them from seed, I usually buy plants about now, although this year I didn't pull up the plants, (which is why I had seeds to collect), and I'm hoping they'll flower again next spring

And if you haven't seen musk mallow seeds before, please don't look at them aghast when they arrive. They are not mouldy or mildewed, each little seed has a halo of fine grey fuzz
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 29-10-2016, 02:22 PM.
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

It's quite fun peeling Honesty seed heads, which I've never done before. I've didn't realise that each disc has three layers with the seeds stuck to the inside silvery layer.

Anyway, everything packaged now albeit in rather fiddly mini-envelopes (sorry!). What I'd thought was plenty of seed didn't look very much when divided by six, so I hope it's enough. I've added seeds from a bright blue aquilegia too (don't know the variety, it just appeared).

Will post on Monday

Comment

Thanks MH & WPG.
                                Honesty seeds are fun to play with!

If anyone doesn't know my address PM me please. If you do, send them in and, when I have all of them, I'll send them back to you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X