Tomato Seed Circle 2015

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato Seed Circle 2015

Just wondering if we have enough grapes who would like to join in with a tomato seed circle this year? I know we have an all in circle and the VSP but there must be a few of you that would be interested in just toms?

Save two or three varieties, we don't need many seeds per pack 4or 5 will do.
    Anyone interested? It's lovely getting a parcel of seeds to look through just before Christmas. (
    My Pantano toms ripening

Save tom seeds from two interesting varieties. Bag them up with 4-6 seeds per bag.
    Eg. Latah - 10 bags, 4 seeds per bag &
    Cheethams potato leaf - 10 bags, 4 seeds per bag.
    Hopefully we will get about 10 grapes who managed to save enough seed - this will go up or down depending on who manages to save any!
    Bag them up, place a large stamp in the envelope and send to me.

scarlet- peace vine
    Seasprout - Blaby special , matina, kenilworth king George, orange banana, red Siberian, caspian pink, white. Cherry, Black Russian, Alaskan fancy, chereokee purple, brandy wine.
    VC - Black Seaman, Rambling Red Stripe
    NorfolkGrey – Golden Queen, red buffalo horn and Fox Cherry
    Jonny the plant pot – tigerella, Black Prince, yellow pear
    Rosie P – Yellow pear, Raspberry Oxheart, principe Borghese, GD, white cherry, black cherry, Green Zebra, de Colgar, Latah, craigella
    Thelma Saunders - Nectar Rose and one to be decided
    Maverick – Dr Carolyn, Bloody Butcher, Outdoor girl and 100s + 1000s
    Sparrow 100 - Sandpoint, Purple Ukraine - RECEIVED
    Jack army - Marmande, tumbling Tom.
    Trip - goldkrone, sniega pika
    Nellie M - striped Roman, Black Russian, orange favorite, Gelbe koniigin - saved 2011, though tom seeds last several years so germination should be ok
    Nicos - petit moineau /red currant + tres Cantes (2010) & glisir (sp!) f1 (2011)

When you have saved and bagged, pm me for an address and send seeds plus stamps for return postage
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scarlet; 05-01-2016, 06:48 PM.

I would be up for that. if I remember correctly there is an article about saving tomato seeds in this months magazine.

Paul

Comment

Yes, this is also worth a read.
      How To Save Your Own Seed at Home

If we get enough interest I'll start putting varieties in that peeps are willing to save from.
      I've a few varieties that are ripening up well now so I should start saving soon. I've got Latah, tumbling tom, cheethams potato leaf, German lunch box, kenilworth st George, orange banana, roughwood golden plum, and a few others to choose from.

Comment

Crikey, you like your tomatoes then!

Paul

Comment

Count me in... :-)
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm in too
            A Chicken walks with small steps. Be more Chicken
            https://gardenchicken.blogspot.com/
            @realveggiechicken

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Just wondering if we have enough grapes who would like to join in with a tomato seed circle this year? I know we have an all in circle and the VSP but there must be a few of you that would be interested in just toms?

Save two or three varieties, we don't need many seeds per pack 4or 5 will do.

Anyone interested? It's lovely getting a parcel of seeds to look through just before Christmas. ([ATTACH=CONFIG]58412[/ATTACH]
              My Pantano toms ripening
              Wow, Scarlet your toms look amazing! (I like that you leave them some reading material, too ....)
              I'd love to join in - I only have bog-standard Gardeners Delight, though, so expect no one would want mine?
              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Yeah, why not - in for a penny in for a pound.

Probably Lucky Leprechaun, Fox Cherry, Golden Queen (don't tell VC its a viability one ) and only should you really want it I can probably do Anna Russian but I really don't rate it. There may be others but can't be sure on the isolation/pollination status yet.
                Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
                Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
                Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

I won't tell VC as long as you don't let on that I may have Black Seaman, Cowlick's Brandywine, Paul Robeson and some others that I've forgotten already
                  A Chicken walks with small steps. Be more Chicken
                  https://gardenchicken.blogspot.com/
                  @realveggiechicken

Comment

I'd love to be in as well
                    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

I'm growing lucky leprechaun, it started to look a little unwell - I grew it in a pot. Moved it out of the GH and it seems much better with a bit more airflow in my porch. Have you tasted it yet? Never heard of Fox cherry?

Don't worry, we won't tell VC....and we don't need huge numbers in the bags
                      Last edited by Scarlet; 11-08-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I'm growing lucky leprechaun, it started to look a little unwell - I grew it in a pot. Moved it out of the GH and it seems much better with a bit more airflow in my porch. Have you tasted it yet? Never heard of Fox cherry?

Don't worry, we won't tell VC....and we don't need huge numbers in the bags
                        I have tasted it and it is lovely and melty but it needs to be eaten straight from the plant. If put in the fridge it looses pretty much all its taste instantly. I am yet to try the fox cherry, it is originally an HSL one but I was given the plant by a gardener for a convent.
                        Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
                        Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
                        Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

I'm in. I have some really good varieties as well as Gardener's Deligt if anyone wants them. the Vsp can have my other seeds.

Comment

and Me, Me, Me, miss

I've got Nectar Rose and Stonors Most Prolific or Kibits for a 2nd one.

Comment

Varieties I've got growing now: Yellow pear, GD, white cherry, black cherry, San Marzano, Green Zebra, de Colgar, Latah and Grushovka. plus a lot under the bed I need to go check.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X