X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veggiechicken
    replied
    I know what you mean about the peanuts! Anyone for a bag of roast parsnip seeds

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Roll up, roll up, get your fresh Cadalot Parsnips 'ere.
    They have arrived, thank you Cadalot. I'll sort out your wants over the weekend!
    Glad they arrived OK, I got a little inventive to try and stop all the packs from going one end of the padded envelope and bunching, kinda reminded me of peanut packs in a pub for some reason No mad rush I can't do anything with them until next year now can I

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Its been like Chr*****s here today. Not just Cad's parsnips but rary's shoebox of unwanted seeds arrived. Poor postman
    I've had a quick rummage and spotted lots of interesting seeds, including flowers, that may not be in the VSP. It'll take me a while to update it but a very big thank you to rary for donating them. Cost a lot in postage too!
    Tell you what, I'll buy you a drink in the GR as a thank you!

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Roll up, roll up, get your fresh Cadalot Parsnips 'ere.
    They have arrived, thank you Cadalot. I'll sort out your wants over the weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    You can't beat self saved parsnip seed...I never have any trouble with germination since I've only used self saved.

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    20 zippy seed bags of parsnips from my parsnip trees from parsnips I allowed to remain in the ground to go to seed this year are going to wing there way to VC tomorrow for adding to the Seed Parcel stocks.

I have absolutely no idea of the variety as they were originally given to me by a fellow plot holder who also didn't know what they were, but having no success with bought packs these all germinated and gave me a great crop last year, which is why I left some to go to seed.

Leave a comment:

• Sappidis
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Good luck with the glueing! I had trouble with the glue causing the flower to drop
    Have you got any photos of your plants?
    Will do photos tomorrow, I'm working all day again today. Want to post a progress thread or something. All healthy or shop bought. My Hungarian blacks have always done really well.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Good luck with the glueing! I had trouble with the glue causing the flower to drop
    Have you got any photos of your plants?
    Last edited by Scarlet; 29-08-2016, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sappidis
    replied
    All kept in closed greenhouse but I've glued a few buds and marked them. Those would be the ones I send out. Got a couple of varieties not of the list I want to send in but need to wait for pods to grow and mature.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sappidis View Post
    Lol, thanks guys,

They're all seperated so should be any cross pollination

Will do, I'm a chilli head and should be here to stay, looks like one of the more active forums.

Thanks guys!
    Hello and welcome Sappidis?

How have you separated them?

Leave a comment:

• Sappidis
    replied
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    If you're a chilli head you may be interested in http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_88250.html
    Probably won't take place until December so you could get your 3 months membership in and 50 posts is easy
    That's the plan ; I've got some seeds you don't have listed on the seed exchange list, I might send in a couple of packets to give other people time to get them early.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    If you're a chilli head you may be interested in http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...6-a_88250.html
    Probably won't take place until December so you could get your 3 months membership in and 50 posts is easy

Leave a comment:

• Sappidis
    replied
    Lol, thanks guys,

They're all seperated so should be any cross pollination

Will do, I'm a chilli head and should be here to stay, looks like one of the more active forums.

Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• bearded bloke
    replied
    VC appeared while I was typing

Leave a comment:

• bearded bloke
    replied
    Hello & Welcome Sappidis

I have not a lot of knowledge of the seed swaps, VC will be along shortly no doubt to answer your questions, in the meantime have a look around & maybe say hello & tell of your gardening interests, location, etc in the introduce yourself thread

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X