Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry I didn't keep the packets with the donors' names on, but thanks to whoever gave the Black from Tula, and Lemon Tree seeds. I'm still a novice with tomatoes, so it's been great fun growing such unusual colours and shapes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Is it bad to wish time away? I will have to wait till next year to show the results of my goodies from the VSP.

However, thank you to everyone who gives to the VSP I think I had just as much fun looking at the packs with the various writing and different home made packages as I will growing them (incase that doesn't read well - it is the personal touch ) I am scared to open the teenie weenie origami packet tho - I just know those seeds are going everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Whatever the others say, I like the taste of DWS. Its like a chameleon, going through various colour changes until it ends up reddish. Thin skinned, very tasty. Maybe those who don't like the taste have eaten them underipe?
        I'm also wondering whether they eat them too early..kids seem to love them. I love their looks too. I will grow them again next year but I've yet to find a cherry tom to beat black cherry / my all time favourite

Comment

No piccies but the French beans (blue lake) I had from the VSP were super productive (not sure who to thank as I cut part of the packet off!). However, I think the rules must have changed since I did my swap as it seems I need to have made 50 posts before I can swap some more. :-( Never mind, I guess this post will take me one step closer to that target! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            BM didn't like the taste of the Dancing with Smurfs either!
            I'm sure I dint say that, they tasted ok but I wasn't impressed with them as I'm not a lover of cherry toms.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Oh, sorry..my kids alway say I get the wrong end of the stick too .

Comment

It's ok...............
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

VC gave me some of the DWS tomatoes to a) try and b) save seeds As I have some PW French black I will be able to offer some diddy packs of about 5 seeds each for the VSP
                  I just love my vine seeds
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

The Purple Jalapenos have purple flowers if that helps!

Comment

well uncle curry sniffer did well with Bruno Babies

Baby of Bruno on the Mersey: Never walks alone | horticulturalhobbit
                      Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horticultural_hobbit View Post
                        well uncle curry sniffer did well with Bruno Babies

Baby of Bruno on the Mersey: Never walks alone | horticulturalhobbit
                        It's a shame Liverpool aren't matching up to those pumpkins!

Comment

Some of this year's toms - all grown from VSP swaps!

Dwarf Kelly Green (my first green tom ever, but I'm convinced now )
                          Beam's Yellow Pear (yum)
                          Orange Banana (thanks to Scarlet, has achieved favourite status)

and the rest are winter tomatoes from Italy, thanks to Sarico and his gardening friends. The Grappolo d'inverno is very nice and will be grown again, the others I haven't tasted yet (will do when harvesting the seeds). Barletta unfortunately didn't cope well with our continental strains of blight but might do better in the UK.
                          Attached Files
                          ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Thanks for showing us those lovely toms, nellie-m

I've got Orange Banana seeds that will probably be sown next year, so I'm glad you like them. And I want to try a green one, and a long-keeper.

It's especially good to see some of Sarico's varieties, because I haven't heard of the names of most of them, and it can be hard to get much info about them. Have you grown any of his cucumbers?

My neighbours love Yellow Pear, and it grows well here and looks lovely, but I find it too mild for my tastes. Does the Beams version have more flavour?
                            Last edited by Zelenina; 28-10-2014, 07:02 PM. Reason: Typo!

Comment

My pumpkin from the seed swap has weighed in at 1 and a half stone. OH took it upstairs and weighed it on the bathroom scales. It was like carrying a small child up from the bottom of the garden. I nearly dropped it at one point.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks to whoever donated the yellow petty pan squash to the VSP - maybe moop moop but not sure - really enjoyed growing them and they tasted delish. Also thanks to donators of rainbow chard (Scarlet?) - very pretty - and purple climbing bean Blauhilde - I know that one was Barley Sugar as I still have the label. Will make sure I make a note of the donators next time!
                                Also one of my new year's resolutions (yes I know a bit early!) is to save more of my own seed, some for me and some to share - and to label them next time! I have various paper bags in the shed with various seed heads in them but no labels and a hopeless memory - must be more organised!
                                Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X