This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im after strawberry seeds. swaps

Im on the want for some strawberry seeds. I have a few people can have or swap to..

Ive got some carrots, marrow, radishes, yellow tomatoes, red ones to ill get all tge proper names of them in the morning for you's. x
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

Next months magazine has free strawberry seeds with it if you can wait that long

Comment

There are some strawberry seeds in the Virtual Seed Parcel (VSP) that you can swap your seeds for. Read about it at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...nce_68032.html and PM me if you want to swap.

Comment

Wouldn't you be better with runners or young plants?

Comment

rusty all i understand is young plants.............. not sure what runners are, only started planting and properly gardening this year xx

Comment

where can i find a list of grow your own retailers???

Comment

Strawberry plants produce runners with new baby plants on them. https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...tm%3B417%3B251

I find this is the best way to propagate them - quicker than seed, and they come true to the parent plant. Do you have anyone near you with strawberry plants?

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
                rusty all i understand is young plants.............. not sure what runners are, only started planting and properly gardening this year xx
                This may help you Grow your own strawberries / RHS Gardening

Comment

I dont think so rustylady, dont speak to many people round here x

Comment

oh I asked my corner shop if he would get grow your own mags in he said yeah so quite excited about getting the mags. dont know why he doesnt get them in any ways as they will sell rife round here x

Comment

Would I just break the runners of the mother plant and plant else where?

Comment

Think of the baby plant attached to its mother by a cord (runner). Pin the runner down, close to the baby, into some soil (either in a pot or the ground). When the baby seems to be growing bigger leaves it has probably rooted, then you cut the cord and the baby will grow on into an adult strawberry

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
                          I dont think so rustylady, dont speak to many people round here x
                          How come? Don't you see anyone?

Comment

ahhhh very good chicken thats even easy for me

Nah not really rusty Im quite busy with a poorly baby and any other spare time I have Im out in the garden. Ive had my fingers burnt a few times with being nice with people I dont really bother with anyone now, only people like if I go to the shop and I get stopped or something. xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X