Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oca (Oxalis tuberosa)

Hi all,

I have available some Oca which I grew in a few tubs last year. Its been sat in the fridge since harvesting, but as my wife and daughter are not too keen on the taste I've decided I'm not going to grow it this year (more room for spuds), so will share it around if anyone is interested. I'd guess I've got around 50 tubers all together.

Anything that the receiver can do to make things easier for me will be most welcome (i.e. collect, pay postage). I've got a few envelopes so that should be fine.

Its a dark red variety, which I bought from Realseeds last year.
    The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
    William M. Davies

Hi Paul, I'd like a few please!! If you can give me an idea of postage costs, I'll send you some stamps when I send your VSP seeds back (Yours haven't arrived yet - no deliveries here since Thursday because of snow).

Comment

I'd be up for some too. Let me know what you need in terms of postage. I could include some quinoa if you wanted?
      http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Hi Paul, could I get a few tubers, please. Will PM you

Comment

Hi Paul, I would like some of your Oca.

I have Plenty of chilli seeds so if your after any i can send you the list of what i have, or i could trade you a few super hot chilli plants if pain is your game

Comment

Okay then.....at the moment I'll split it 4 ways (vc, kc, ff, woody). If anyone else is interested before I send them out (likely to be Thursday at the earliest) then I can spread them a bit more, but perhaps only 2 or 3 more packs. I note Real seeds send in pack of 5 tubers.

I just looked back at my previous orders and the variety is 'Helens Red Oca'.

I'll weigh out some tubers tonight to work out what the postage costs are likely to be, but would have thought £2 sounds about right. Will confirm later.

Would be interested in the Quinoa and chillis. What spacing do you need for the Quinoa, and I have about 10 types of chilli's already but if you could PM me a list that'd be great.
            William M. Davies

Comment

Its the rainbow quinoa also from real seeds, I can't remember the spacing, as I don't really go by those things. But it does get to around 5 ft, so does need space and you can grow other things around it. I can either send some stamps with the seeds or transfer the money via paypal?

Thanks so much for the Oca, looks like an interesting variety!

Vegetable Seeds for Grains you can grow at home
              http://togrowahome.wordpress.com/ making a house a home and a garden home grown.

Comment

Heres a List of the seeds i have if any of them take your fancy make up a list and i will make a start on bagging them up for you. All are fresh seeds bough over the last couple of months and theres some sweet peppers in the list too.

Premier Seeds
                CHILLI PEPPER - THAI HOT CULINARY
                CHILLI PEPPER - NUMEX CENTENNIAL
                CHILLI PEPPER - NUMEX TWILIGHT
                CHILLI PEPPER - NUMEX PINATA
                CHILLI PEPPER - ROYAL BLACK
                CHILLI PEPPER - AJI CRYSTAL
                CHILLI PEPPER - PATIO FIRE
                CHILLI PEPPER - FILIUS BLUE
                CHILLI PEPPER - LITTLE ELF
                CHILLI PEPPER - JALAPENO ORANGE
                CHILLI PEPPER - JALAPENO ORANGE
                CHILLI PEPPER - PURPLE CAYENNE
                CHILLI PEPPER - GOLDEN CAYENNE
                CHILLI PEPPER - JAMAICAN RED
                CHILLI PEPPER - JAMAICAN YELLOW
                CHILLI PEPPER - HABANERO MUSTARD
                CHILLI PEPPER - HABANERO YELLOW
                CHILLI PEPPER - SCOTCH BONNET ORANGE
                SWEET PEPPER - MINI BELL RED
                SWEET PEPPER - MINI BELL YELLOW
                SWEET PEPPER - CALIFORNIA WONDER 300 TMR

Real seeds
                Lemon Drop chilli pepper
                Bartlett's Bonnet Chilli pepper
                Wenks Yellow Hots Chilli
                Ohnivec Chilli
                Semaroh Sweet Pepper
                Nova sweet pepper

Others - Stupid hots
                Dorset naga
                Chocolate dorset naga
                Naga jolokia
                Moruga Scorpion
                Trinadad scorpion Butch T

Comment

I've checked my tubers and they weigh in at a total of just over 500g, which equates to about 50 tubers. So if no one else expresses an interest by Wed am then it should be about 12 each. I'd say there's only really enough for 2 more people.

Postage for a royal mail packet (2nd class) is £2.20.
                  William M. Davies

Comment

Posted the stamps and the seeds just now, thanks again!

Comment

Paul, can you PM me your address etc, thanks.

Comment

Thank you all for the interest, I'll be sending the tubers on Wednesday, as that is my next day off.

Thank you for the parcels that I've received, some interesting packs of seeds that I can't wait to grow.

To anybody else.... apologies but there is no more Oca.

Thanks
                        William M. Davies

Comment

All your Oca is now in the post, as of this morning (VC, KC, FF). I hope you manage to get a decent crop from it.
                          I just grew it in tubs as with potatoes, but as per the instructions from Realseeds, I think the best tip is to leave it a few weeks after the first hard frost and the tubers should bulk up nicely.

Enjoy!
                          William M. Davies

Comment

Thank you Paul - more exciting post to look forward to

Comment

Thanks, I'm excited to see it and give it a go!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X