This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Plus scions are going to be ready before cuttings if taken last autumn.
    In my ignorance can I ask why? Wouldn't it be possible to take a cutting and send as is?

Comment

Originally posted by planetologist View Post
      In my ignorance can I ask why? Wouldn't it be possible to take a cutting and send as is?

I was presuming we would send rooted ones...

Comment

Not very exotic, but I can send apple and conference pear 'pencils' but the conference pear wood won't be super long as it was pruned early winter. I don't know what the apples are, but I think one is bramely and the other is a beautiful yellow and red eating apple with firm sharp flesh.

If someone was interested in the cuttings (I won't be offended if not) I would have any eating apple, or anything that can be grafted onto an apple tree. Would love to try figs.

Comment

Originally posted by planetologist View Post
          I've had no success with grafting apples so far, .
          Have you tried watching the videos on grafting made by Stephen Hayes?

Apple tree grafting lesson-the saddle, cleft and rind grafts - YouTube

They are very clear. I started grafting 4 years ago thanks to these and have never looked back!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            I was presuming we would send rooted ones...
            Whatever you think is best. I thought some of the others might be more specific about what they'd like, but it seems this thread has gone all quiet.

Originally posted by boundtothesoil View Post
            Have you tried watching the videos
            Yes, loads of them, but if you've got two left hands then that's not much help.

Comment

I think it is more awkward than standard circles so I suggest it's probably easier to post what you have/want, wait for other members to do the same, then arrange individual swaps - unless you have enough people wanting the same to start doing triangles/squares.

Comment

I'm not interested in apple tree cuttings as I have loads of my own unnamed trees to graft.
                If anyone wants jostaberry or worcesterberry cuttings I'll cut them when required, to be rooted by the recipient. Not sure what I want, if anything!!

Comment

Could i have your apple tree cutting and anything else you are willing to give me for a special needs unit garden at my school please Veggiechicken. if anybosy else would like to give us anything then that would be great, we have got some seeds to swap so get in touch please.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanM View Post
                    Hi All,

I've spoke to Zazzen about this and OK'd it for this forum. I'd like to start a cutting / scion / pruning / grafting swap circle.

Open to everyone.

I can offer Red currant and white currant cuttings, I would like some of your Grape and fig cuttings please.
                    Liza

I can offer: Blackcurrants, Fig (brown turkey) and potentially strawberry grapes this year.

I would be interested in Pinot Noir grapes and other fruit bushes if anyone has any on offer.

Thanks,
                    Duncan
                    I can offer Red currant and white currant cuttings, I would like some of your Grape and fig cuttings please.
                    Liza

Comment

I know its a long shot but does anyone have a cutting of the Hampton Court Grape. I had one but it has gone to join Henry Vth unfortunately.and I've looked to buy another but can't seem to track one down.I have various plums,apples and cherries if anyone is interested .

Comment

cuttings etc

hi there i have a damson tree iv been told its merryweather but iv had to really hack it back but i have done some 2 to 6 ft cuttings and planted them in the ground so if anyone would like to swop me something that i can eather graft onto or maybe pregrafted like some type of apple etc would be pleased thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X