Squash name query?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squash name query?

I had some seeds from the VSP named "Squash Gazat" or is it "Bazat"? Does anyone remember what they're called and how they grow please?

after a google,it does not seem to exist,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I don't remember those at all...

Have you still got the packet?

Comment

I'm sure I have the packet with a few more seeds but - its in another place 75 miles away!!
        They weren't seeds I'd asked for (least I don't think I did!) - so maybe an alternative?
        It seems to be a round squash. Here's one -
        Attached Files
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

i wonder if its the name of the person who sent it to you and not the variety of squash?

or maybe somone on here produced thier own variety of squash and decided to name it bazat/gazat?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            I'm sure I have the packet with a few more seeds but - its in another place 75 miles away!!
            They weren't seeds I'd asked for (least I don't think I did!) - so maybe an alternative?
            It seems to be a round squash. Here's one -
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]31218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31219[/ATTACH]
            Who knows - we had so many!

If you take a photo of the packet it might jog my memory. I'm a visual learner you know!

Comment

Will do, Zaz, when I find it!! I kinda hoped the person who donated them would turn up

Comment

Doesn't ring a bell with me either, when I went through the DB !

Comment

I don't think it was on the List as I went through it when I received the seeds and couldn't find it - then thought it might have been the only packet and had been deleted! Its a mystery squash

Comment

It might have been one then that was brought to the meetup or was sat in the 'to be put on the database' pile and you swiped it before it got there.

Comment

Swiped it!! Me?? Surely not But if it had come to our little meetup that narrows it down to Zaz, Chris, T8ter and me - and three of us know nothing!!
                      I have a list of all the seeds I've acquired this year - but its down West with the seeds
                      I'll track them down later this week. Whatever it is, the plants look strong and healthy

Comment

I only took a packet of frenchies, so it's either you or al who is the thief!

Comment

So............this could be like Jack and the Beanstalk then? Or my Big Green Things..........that have turned orange and would have been totally Awesome Halloween punkins but it's not Halloween till too late here!
                          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Swiped it!! Me?? Surely not But if it had come to our little meetup that narrows it down to Zaz, Chris, T8ter and me - and three of us know nothing!!
                            I have a list of all the seeds I've acquired this year - but its down West with the seeds
                            I'll track them down later this week. Whatever it is, the plants look strong and healthy
                            No you silly....thing. I mean swiped it from the box that hadn't got on the database, which still could have been from anyone as there is often a 'to be listed' tray which is the latest stuff to come in that I haven't got round to typing up yet. As I brought the whole of the VSP with me - including those that weren't on there yet.
                            Last edited by zazen999; 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

looks like you got to wait until it's all grown up VC,untill then lllalala...it's a mystereeeee...lalala
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X