Comfrey

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfrey

I would like to start a comfrey bed to use for comfrey tea to feed my pots. Does anybody have spare seeds or roots I could have please?

You can buy it off eBay, that's what most of us on here have done.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I will try that. Thank you

Comment

You want Bocking 14 comfrey though, it will not spread through seed. If you sow ordinary comfrey it is very invasive.

Bocking14 Organic COMFREY Root Cuttings x FIVE(5) Chunks....'MINIMUM' | eBay
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

he he just bought some from that very listing so hope it's a good one!!!!

Comment

I have looked at ebay but nothing is available until March onwards... does anyone have any cuttings that i can buy in the next couple of weeks? also can i grow it in my conservatory until i can plant it out?

Comment

Nothing is available yet because growth doesn't start until the spring (the leaves die back over winter and the plant goes dormant).

You can "plant it out" immediately: you simply drop the root into the ground, and it grows.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It can also be deemed a bit rude just joining a forum and asking for cuttings in both of your threads without even first saying hello, etc.

I'm sure that's not your intention but you know it's one of the reasons why we have (seed) swapping rules and guidelines in place.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X