I'm looking for dwarf tomatoes, in particular
    - Dwarf Gem Tomato
    - Micro Tom
    - Tiny Tim
    - Polar Baby
    - Elfin Tomato
    - Cherry Gold
    - Whippersnapper.

Can offer the usual SAE or can PM you a list of tomato seeds or veg seeds (mostly heirloom varieties), thanks.

Sorry Frosty I only have regular sized toms

Comment

No worries, Thea. I had a daft idea for a wee experiment - commercial hydroponic tomato growers start their toms off on 1st November. My idea was move a self watering planter (use it like a a mini Auto Pot) onto my butchers block in my kitchen and plant mini toms in it. There is a reason why my ideas are best kept inside my head

Comment

Can't offer you any on the list but i do have Red Robin & Little Sun, any good for you?
        Jane,
        keen but (slightly less) clueless
        http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll have Dwarf Wax and Texas Wild - only a few mind - in a few days as I got the toms last week and will be scooping, soaking and drying this week....if you want a couple of each sending.

[I'm not tight - only got 2 of each and they are quite biddy so not many seeds in each]
          Last edited by zazen999; 23-07-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Will PM Newbie and Zazen. My experiment is on

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              I'll have Dwarf Wax and Texas Wild - only a few mind - in a few days as I got the toms last week and will be scooping, soaking and drying this week....if you want a couple of each sending.

[I'm not tight - only got 2 of each and they are quite biddy so not many seeds in each]
              I tried saving my own tomato seed last year but none were viable - can you give me some pointers please?
              Jane,
              keen but (slightly less) clueless
              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post
                I tried saving my own tomato seed last year but none were viable - can you give me some pointers please?
                Only just seen this....

http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/pdfs...in-Schools.pdf

If you have a look under the Tomato Seed Saving Section....it's really easy. Put in water for 3 days, strain and dry. Then put into seed packets and share.

Comment

Texan Wild - saved and in seed packet.

Dwarf Wax - toms had dried out in greenhouse so are being put into water today so will be sent next week.

sorry - forgot all about these due to ridiculous weekend just gone. Doh!

Comment

Zaz,

if the toms are already dried out, does wetting them again not cause problems if trying to save seed?

Comment

Nope - they get 3 days in the water to ferment any diseases off.

Comment

Zazen, no rush for seeds. Just glad to be offered them.

Comment

Hi, I am new here and not yet used to the rules so please forgive me if I am breaking them. I don't want any seeds but can help with some of the ones requested, certainly off the top of my head I have Micro Tom,Tiny Tim,Polar Baby, Whippersnapper..I think I haver Elfin but not sure I would have to go offline to look.

The rules say I cannot ask for tomatoes till I have done some posts, but presume can I offer them.

Please get back to me if you would like the seeds

XX Jeannine

Comment

Hi me again, yes I do have Elfin

XX Jeannine

Comment

Hi Jeannine - I can vouch for you though as I know you from the other forum - you are known by your incredible generosity esp with regards to seed swapping. Too generous probably.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X