Genuine UK banana shallot seed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so can I swap some please?
    Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

has anyone else got any shallot seeds that they can swap?

cheers

Comment

Hey Piglet

Got anymore of those seeds left?
        Ilex

The sun, with all those plants revolving around it and dependent upon it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do. - Galileo

Comment

yeah..that's what I wanna know...

Comment

Banana Shallot Seed

Pigletwillie. I also have some spare Banana Shallot Seed. Just in case you get inundated. Shallotman.

Comment

Pm me if you want some, I have some left. Ilex, yours has been posted.

Comment

Thanks Pigletwillie,

Lots of lovley seeds just arrived, can't wait to get them going.

Thanks again, Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                  In September 2004 I bought some Normandy grown banana shallots whilst on holliday in Francais.

They were planted in March this year on my allotment with the aim of harvesting a crop of seed. This was very sucessful indeed with lots of seed being harvested. I have distributed most of the seed and have just sown mine but still have some spare.

If anybody would like a pinch then Pm me your address. There isnt much left so it is on a first come first served basis.

Bear in mind that a farmer was in the gardening press selling it at £5 for 20 seeds this year.
                  Feel sure these have all gone, but if you have any seed left, I'd love to try them?
                  Yours hopefully!
                  All at once I hear your voice
                  And time just slips away
                  Bonnie Raitt

Comment

missed this, i'd like to try a few too if you haver any PW ?

Comment

Oooh ooh ohh the postman has just been and guess what he brought - yes a load of bills but we'll ignore those., AND some seeds

Thanks Pigletwillie.

It's quite handy being off work sick - I can get off my sick bed go outside and organise the bits I need for the seeds. Another example of how good gardening is for you, it gives the incentive to get off your bum and do something. Looking at the hoover I never get the same motivation for some reason.

As I don't currently have an allotment, I'm going to give half the seed to my dad, who does have one and is going to try a row, the remainder I'll sow in the vague hope that I'll be offered a lottie in the very near future, if not I'll have to cordon part of the garden off against the chickens and grow them there.

Plan B (just thought of this one). I'll plant a row in the front garden border - no chickens there

Thanks again
                      Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

Thank you Pigletwillie! Just got back from a trip to Sweden and your seeds were waiting patiently for me when I got home. Will keep you posted on how the growing goes and if all goes well I'll have some fresh seeds to share with everybody here in a couple of years time.

Comment

Seeds arrived this morning, thanks Pigletwillie. Will let you know how they get on in sunny (ok, more like blowing a gale) Oxfordshire!
                          Cheers
                          All at once I hear your voice
                          And time just slips away
                          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X