rhubarb

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhubarb

hi i was wondering if anyone had any rhubarb seeds please for swaps ive looked everywhere local to me and cant find them.

I've PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower96 View Post
      hi i was wondering if anyone had any rhubarb seeds please for swaps ive looked everywhere local to me and cant find them.
      Rhubarb crowns would be better, plant in the autum.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

this may sound silly but what is a crown is it a part of a rhubarb plant (im new to this lol)

Comment

A crown is where the rhubarb comes from it grows from the base. Look out for it in garden centres in the autum, or ask freinds, relatives, lottie neighbours ( if you have a lottie ) for a piece of a crown. I bought mine for about £1.99p there are quite a few varieties.

Put rhubarb into the search at top of page scroll down a few and you will see a link to growing rhubarb.
          Last edited by jackie j; 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

No grow them from seed in pots then pant out....PM me and I will bung a few seeds in the post.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I have lots too.

Comment

I've got a healthy rhubarb patch which is just about to become even bigger and I've grown all mine from seed....so I'd recommend you go that way too....I only went for seed cos I was too tight (mean) to pay for crowns when I could buy a whole packet for less than the price on one crown!

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                  No grow them from seed in pots then pant out....PM me and I will bung a few seeds in the post.
                  Have sent you a pm NOG.

Comment

Originally posted by annacruachan View Post
                    Have sent you a pm NOG.
                    PM me your Address.
                    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

hi all i see a few of you have rhubarb seeds can you all tell me what type you have as you get different ones as i have Victoria seeds and would like to swap them for other rhubarb seeds.
                      thanks

One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until that day, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Comment

Rhubarb seeds

Hi was suprised it seems to be so easy to grew from seed ,how long before mature enough to harvest and where is the seed available from. Must admit I haven't seen any around.

Comment

Its just me thats the failure then, I planted a full packet of Unwins Rhubarb seeds in poting compost in a seed tray, none of the seeds germinated. perhaps I might give it one more go soon
                          Thought For The Day
                          If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                          Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

I grow Glaskin's Perpetual and they all seem to germinate. I grow them on in the greenhouse over winter then plant them out. I then start picking the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                              I grow Glaskin's Perpetual and they all seem to germinate. I grow them on in the greenhouse over winter then plant them out. I then start picking the next year.
                              hi there do you have any seeds left as I'm after other rhubarb as i have a few Victoria seeds i could swap for other seeds

One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until that day, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X