Butternut squash seeds for SAE or radish seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butternut squash seeds for SAE or radish seeds

You know me, I can't throw away a handful of seeds when I see them, so I saved loads of seeds from a squash from my local farm shop. I planted one and left it on the windowsill to make sure they are fertile. Sprouted within a week and so I have a nice little squash seedling :-)

Anyway, I have tons, so if anyone wants some then PM me. Either an SAE or swap for some cherry belle radish seeds.

I dont need any squash seeds but i have half a packet of french breakfast radish that i dont need. If you want them PM me your address and i'll pop them in the post.
    Last edited by Victoria26; 24-03-2009, 08:56 PM.
    Serene she stand amid the flowers,
    And only count lifes sunny hours,
    For her dull days do not exist,
    Evermore the optimist

Comment

Have heard somewhere that saved seeds from squashes etc wont be the actual variety and will be a cross which may be inedible? is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria26 View Post
        I dont need any squash seeds but i have half a packet of french breakfast radish that i dont need. If you want them PM me your address and i'll pop them in the post.
        I have french breakfast growing atm, the ones that came free with last month's GYO. But thanks for the offer.

Originally posted by grower View Post
        Have heard somewhere that saved seeds from squashes etc wont be the actual variety and will be a cross which may be inedible? is this true?
        No idea. I'll have a look around and see.

Comment

It looks like they will still be edible, but might be weird and wonderful shapes :-)

This sounds like a competition to me...

Comment

Oh wait, it seems that the main issue is when squashes cross pollinate with courgettes, and apparently butternut varieties won't cross pollinate with courgettes so I think they should be OK.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X