Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder,if seeds were sent to Northern Ireland with the movement assistance scheme & then onto France from Ireland,would that be a way around it. It is very expensive,I think all governments should have to cover these costs not the people

Comment

Yes please, I would like to be included. Not sure what I will grow this year yet, but going for some more unusual ones this year!

Comment

Yes please. One is Principe Borghese, and sand point may be.

Comment

Unfortunately, i'm going to have to withdraw. too much disease in the greenhouse. i wouldn't be happy with the quality of seed.

that and my little boy keep plucking what few tomatoes i have well before they are ripe and runs off with them...
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

Hi all,
            Hows everyones seed saving going. By all accounts I think I've been lucky in dodging the blight this year when it comes to tomatoes.

I've managed to save a good selection for this swap and for future years for me, so just thinking about how we're looking for numbers, so that if I need more I can do a few more.....fingers crossed we have a good selection again.
            The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
            William M. Davies

Comment

Hi Paulieb , i have 3 lots saved , so just waiting to see who else is joining in.

Comment

I hope I can join in again. I last took part in the seed swap a decade ago and it's taken me this long to get through everything.

I have:
                Galina (yellow cherry potato leaf vine)
                Golden Grape (yellow grape bush)

I've also saved Red Cherry (red cherry vine) and Tumbling Tom Red if anyone thinks they're worth including. I grew Red Cherry for the first time this year and found it delicious and vigorous.

Comment

Glad to have you join us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                    Any one thinking this this a good idea.. i know i am.

ok, look's like its on again this year..

Just a few things to remember
                    No F1,
                    6 or more seeds per pack
                    No mag seeds ,we all have enough of them.lol
                    Label them ...eg name of seeds... vine or bush ..your vine name....year.
                    cut off point for sending in seeds , the middle of November
                    looking forward to to see what your saving.

link to last years
                    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...e9#post2514861

Pardon, what are "mag" seeds?
                    I do not know this expression.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Iris_Germany View Post

Thanks.
                      These are free seeds sent with the Grow Your Own magazine.

There used to be loads but they seem to have dropped off substantially recently.
                      Being in the EU , we’re not supposed to receive any seeds but mine so far seem to have slipped through. I’m sure they will stop soon enough though
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

These are free seeds sent with the Grow Your Own magazine.

There used to be loads but they seem to have dropped off substantially recently.
                        Being in the EU , we’re not supposed to receive any seeds but mine so far seem to have slipped through. I’m sure they will stop soon enough though
                        Please excuse, I do not understand. You are not allowed to receive any seeds?

What does this mean? Is this a restriction of the big seed firms who want not that anything other than their F1 hybrids are planted?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          ...Being in the EU , we’re not supposed to receive any seeds but mine so far seem to have slipped through. I’m sure they will stop soon enough though
                          The irony of it is Nicos, a lot of seed in this country is produced in places like Italy. And others are still produced in the same places as they were 2 or 3 years ago
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by Iris_Germany View Post

Thanks.
                            Mag seeds in this instance I take to mean varieties like Moneymaker, Gardeners Delight. These are so common most of us will have them so would rather find something new and exciting in a seed swap.
                            The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
                            William M. Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieb View Post

Mag seeds in this instance I take to mean varieties like Moneymaker, Gardeners Delight. These are so common most of us will have them so would rather find something new and exciting in a seed swap.
                              Thanks.

But is "mag" an english word? Or where does the "mag" come from?
                              I couldn't find it anywhere ...

(PS: I found just right now a company named "MAGseeds". Seems to be one of the big seed producers).
                              Last edited by Iris_Germany; 18-11-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Mag is short for magazine when you don’t have the energy to type the whole word

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X