X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020 - Take 2

Afternoon all

As I understand it, the Grape who was running the Flower Saving Seed Thread 2020 previously isn't going to be running it now, sooooooo, I'm going to step in and run it now as it would be lovely to keep it going

I have lifted the rules from before, and copied them below. Please be bear with me I've never run one before, but if all goes well I'm happy to run them going forward (unless someone else would like to run it that is)

I will DM those that have shown an interest so that they know the thread has moved and I'm running it (just in case you get one of those DMs from me )

************* Lifted from the previous thread ****************

Who would like to join in a Flower Seed swap this year?
    Save seeds from at least 2 varieties of flowers (preferably not F1) enough so everyone in the circle can have some, bag them up at the end of the year, post them to me with some stamps (for small parcel, excess stamps will be returned) for return postage and your forum name, and grow some luvly flowers from our gardens next year.

Anyone interested?
    Closes to members on 31st October. Anyone who hasn't said what they have saved by 31st October will be removed from the list. Peeps must meet the vine swap rules by this date.

Struggling for starter seeds?
    I am happy to send some seeds in need of T.L.C. should you need them, however you will need to send an S.A.E.

Flower Seed Circle 2019 - Final Parcel
    Flower Seed Circle 2018 - Final Parcel
    Flower Seed Circle 2017
    Flower Seed Circle 2016

List of Grapes:

1. WPG - Meconopsis paniculata, Papaver hungarian blue, Aconitum napellus, Canterbury bells, mixed Aquilegia, Teasel, and Aster.
    2. Muckdiva -
    3. Dynamite -
    Shortie -> Home saved: Calendula; Cornflower - blue, Malva - Zebrina. Shop bought (in date): Aquilegia - Nora Barlow; Delphinium - High Society Mixed; Antirrhinum - Rust Resistant Mixed; Honesty - Lunaria Annua; St Johns Wort; Brachycome; Aster - Starlight Mixed. Shop bought (should have been sown 2019 or 2020): Dahlia - Bishops Children; Liatris Spicata; Stock - Excelsior Mixed; Lavender; Poppy - Iceland Mixed; Wildflower Wild Marjoram
    5. Nicos -> white honesty, dark red lupins, ox-eye daisies, yellow Welsh poppies, Godetia- Azalea Double Flowered Mix
    Last edited by Shortie; 02-09-2020, 07:37 AM.
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Link to original post here: https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ng-circle-2020
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Everyone DM'd now who was previously on the list to see if they are still interested

If anyone would like to join in, please let me know and I can add you in

Cheers
      Shortie
      Shortie

Comment

Meeee!

So far.....
        white honesty
        dark red lupins
        ox-eye daisies

will add more to the list once I have collected them.
        Last edited by Nicos; 04-07-2020, 02:03 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Added - cheers Nicos

I need to suss out what saves 'pure' or doesn't. My dahlias have finally started to flower but were from a 'Piccolo mixed' packet so no idea the variety anyway, and I want to check if holly hock seeds stay true to colour as I have a beautiful white one I can saved seeds from

Also, I have packets I haven't even opened, but need to check the dates on those before offering the up
          Shortie

Comment

Apologies veggiechicken. I will remove your name from the list

Take care, Shortie
            Shortie

Comment

Really pleased that the circle is continuing, many thanks for taking it on Shortie. Please keep me on the list and I'll have a good think about what I can save this year. One probable is mecanopsis paniculata, which is a very tall, beautifully hairy, yellow poppy. First time I've ever grown it, and it's happily flowering at the moment, Hoping it'll have viable seed heads. I'll come back in a month or so to finalise my list. Thanks again.

Comment

Same as in previous years I won't know until later in the year.

Comment

Thanks WPG and Scarlet :-)
                  Shortie

Comment

Evening :-)

I have gone through my seed packets, some are a year out of date (sorry) but if you want to take a chance on them then coolio. I'll mark those with "OOD". I have the following available

Dahlia - Bishops Children (OOD)
                    Liatris Spicata (OOD)
                    Aquiilegia - Nora Barlow
                    Delphinium - High Society Mixed
                    Antirrhinum - Rust Resistant Mixed
                    Honesty - Lunaria Annua
                    St Johns Wort
                    Brachycome
                    Stock - Excelsior Mixed (OOD)
                    Lavender (OOD)
                    Aster - Starlight Mixed
                    Poppy - Iceland Mixed (OOD)
                    Wildflower Wild Marjoram (OOD)

Plus from the garden this year:
                    Calendula
                    Cornflower - blue
                    Shortie

Comment

Isn't this a seed saving circle?? Not generally for bought seed?

Comment

Scarlet - this is Shortie's thread now and she can choose what she wants to do with it ...sometimes a change is a good thing
                        * nips off to see what spare bought seeds I have spare too....

Comment

Fair enough although a change in tittle May be required?
                          I'm not really interested in old seed, so with that in mind I'm out.

Comment

.....May also be worth changing the wording on the opening post

Comment

I am more than happy to collect my flower seeds as previously requested, but I do have spare bought flower seeds I'm willing to give to other peeps in this swap as an added extra.
                              There may not be enough for everyone, but peeps can show an interest accordingly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X