This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Scarlet

That's a fair point about the thread title. I won't change it though as I threw the shop bought seeds in there as an option in case anyone wanted them rather than have them go to waste

I have also posted some home saved seeds in what I have, and others will be saving seeds from home so please do continue to join in if you want to - there are still going to be home saved seeds in there

With regards to (some) of the seeds being old - again I just added them there incase anyone wanted to give them a go. They are free (other than an envelope and stamp) so I see no harm if people want to give them a go

As I say, please feel free to just skim over the shop bought seeds and look at the home saved ones. In future years, the shop bought ones may become seeds that other Grapes save and then add back in - a flower has to start somewhere, right

What I will do to help everyone though is change the ordering of what I have listed and make the home saved vs shop bought clearer. I haven't gone far out with flowers this year so have very little to save seed from and contribute
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

You can add yellow Welsh poppies to my list!

I brought over a couple of plants in a tub 13 years ago and they have spread in the shaded part of my gravel drive.
      Happy to share .
      Cardiff to Cheshire to Normandy ....and back again to the uk! All over a period of 35 years!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I should be able tonadd Holly Hock (currently on a white flowering plant) and Dahlia (mixed) to the list if all goes well with getting seeds from them
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Fab Nicos - I'll update the list now
          Shortie

Comment

Sorry Shortie
            dipping out this time.
            in these trying times it seems more important to put my limited space over to growing edibles.
            i shall still grow enough flowers to “warm my heart” , but not going to be contributing or wanting any seed.
            congrats for stepping into VC’s shoes though.

Comment

No worries at all Farendwoman and completely understood

Thank you for letting me know
              Shortie

Comment

Hi Shortie, yes please, count me in and thanks for running it . Can I let you know later re varieties, there will almost certainly be some cosmos varieties x
                All at once I hear your voice
                And time just slips away
                Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Hiya muckdiva

Lovely and definately yes to letting us know later. I'll be adding to my list if other flowers set seed in the garden as we go along anyway
                  Shortie

Comment

Hi there
                    could you add to my list....

Godetia- Azalea Double Flowered Mix

ta

Comment

Thanks Nicos - done

I've saved some seed from Malva - Zebrina now so have added those to the list

Still waiting for my dahlias (picolo mixed) seed heads to dry and I'm hoping to have some white (and possibly pale pink) holly hock soon (hoping soon as I want to cut the plant down as it's flopped and bashing us as we walk out the front door
                      Shortie

Comment

All being well, I think my list will be Meconopsis paniculata, Papaver hungarian blue, Aconitum napellus, Canterbury bells, mixed Aquilegia, Teasel,
                        and Aster.
                        I've got a few of these drying on the window sill, hope I picked the meconopsis at the right time (its seeds are tiny, like dust)

Comment

Thanks WPG, I'm off to update the list now
                          Shortie

Comment

Any more joiners for this year, as things are now setting seed and people can see what they have available?
                            Shortie

Comment

Hi all

Just a check in to see how the seed saving is going? Muckdiva, Dynamite - do you have an idea yet of what seeds you have to share?
                              Shortie

Comment

I have my seeds ready to go/share.
                                I also have some perennial sweetpeas if anyone is intereste

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X