X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    You can add yellow Welsh poppies to my list!

I brought over a couple of plants in a tub 13 years ago and they have spread in the shaded part of my gravel drive.
    Happy to share .
    Cardiff to Cheshire to Normandy ....and back again to the uk! All over a period of 35 years!

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Hi Scarlet

That's a fair point about the thread title. I won't change it though as I threw the shop bought seeds in there as an option in case anyone wanted them rather than have them go to waste

I have also posted some home saved seeds in what I have, and others will be saving seeds from home so please do continue to join in if you want to - there are still going to be home saved seeds in there

With regards to (some) of the seeds being old - again I just added them there incase anyone wanted to give them a go. They are free (other than an envelope and stamp) so I see no harm if people want to give them a go

As I say, please feel free to just skim over the shop bought seeds and look at the home saved ones. In future years, the shop bought ones may become seeds that other Grapes save and then add back in - a flower has to start somewhere, right

What I will do to help everyone though is change the ordering of what I have listed and make the home saved vs shop bought clearer. I haven't gone far out with flowers this year so have very little to save seed from and contribute

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I am more than happy to collect my flower seeds as previously requested, but I do have spare bought flower seeds I'm willing to give to other peeps in this swap as an added extra.
    There may not be enough for everyone, but peeps can show an interest accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    .....May also be worth changing the wording on the opening post

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Fair enough although a change in tittle May be required?
    I'm not really interested in old seed, so with that in mind I'm out.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Scarlet - this is Shortie's thread now and she can choose what she wants to do with it ...sometimes a change is a good thing
    * nips off to see what spare bought seeds I have spare too....

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Isn't this a seed saving circle?? Not generally for bought seed?

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Evening :-)

I have gone through my seed packets, some are a year out of date (sorry) but if you want to take a chance on them then coolio. I'll mark those with "OOD". I have the following available

Dahlia - Bishops Children (OOD)
    Liatris Spicata (OOD)
    Aquiilegia - Nora Barlow
    Delphinium - High Society Mixed
    Antirrhinum - Rust Resistant Mixed
    Honesty - Lunaria Annua
    St Johns Wort
    Brachycome
    Stock - Excelsior Mixed (OOD)
    Lavender (OOD)
    Aster - Starlight Mixed
    Poppy - Iceland Mixed (OOD)
    Wildflower Wild Marjoram (OOD)

Plus from the garden this year:
    Calendula
    Cornflower - blue

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Thanks WPG and Scarlet :-)

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Same as in previous years I won't know until later in the year.

Leave a comment:

• WPG
    replied
    Really pleased that the circle is continuing, many thanks for taking it on Shortie. Please keep me on the list and I'll have a good think about what I can save this year. One probable is mecanopsis paniculata, which is a very tall, beautifully hairy, yellow poppy. First time I've ever grown it, and it's happily flowering at the moment, Hoping it'll have viable seed heads. I'll come back in a month or so to finalise my list. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Apologies veggiechicken. I will remove your name from the list

Take care, Shortie

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Added - cheers Nicos

I need to suss out what saves 'pure' or doesn't. My dahlias have finally started to flower but were from a 'Piccolo mixed' packet so no idea the variety anyway, and I want to check if holly hock seeds stay true to colour as I have a beautiful white one I can saved seeds from

Also, I have packets I haven't even opened, but need to check the dates on those before offering the up

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Meeee!

So far.....
    white honesty
    dark red lupins
    ox-eye daisies

will add more to the list once I have collected them.
    Last edited by Nicos; 04-07-2020, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    Everyone DM'd now who was previously on the list to see if they are still interested

If anyone would like to join in, please let me know and I can add you in

Cheers
    Shortie

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X