Seed Swap days

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed Swap days

Really hoping to get to a localish seed swap day in Cardiff next month that VC mentioned, or the Bristol one on the 9th February.

I am wondering what happens and what to expect/prepare for please?

I have a few boxes of seeds, some in sealed packets, some open, not a lot saved (Sweet Peas) as we will be replanting most of our own.

Do I just take my surplus sealed packs, make up packs, and how do I make up seed pack for swapping if so.. Any and all advice appreciated please.
    Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
    and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Cardiff
    https://www.chapter.org/whats-on/mix...-saturday/4848

Bristol
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/brist...ts-81340998115
    and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

The Cardiff one is very simple. Donate 10 packets, take 10 packets. If you want seeds but haven't brought swaps you can buy them - can't remember the cost. Something like 4 packets for £1.

I pass on unopened and part used packets, usually lots of packets. They don't bother to count mine - they know me.

The seeds are sorted into boxes by type - all toms, or lettuce or flowers etc but they can be a bit muddled after a while. I re-sort them while I'm looking!
      I usually take unwanted gardening books along that they sell for funds. There may be some plants and HSL seeds for sale.

It would be great to meet you there, Mamzie and anyone else who lives locally.

Comment

I’ll be going to the one in Warwickshire. It’s been a few years since I went so will be interesting to see if it’s changed much. Enjoy your day
        All at once I hear your voice
        And time just slips away
        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Happy days, made it to my first Seed Swap day and gained 12 packs of seeds I fancied trying in exchange for my spares

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1582484441169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	2386365
          and a roll of duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            The Cardiff one is very simple. Donate 10 packets, take 10 packets. If you want seeds but haven't brought swaps you can buy them - can't remember the cost. Something like 4 packets for £1.

I pass on unopened and part used packets, usually lots of packets. They don't bother to count mine - they know me.

The seeds are sorted into boxes by type - all toms, or lettuce or flowers etc but they can be a bit muddled after a while. I re-sort them while I'm looking!
            I usually take unwanted gardening books along that they sell for funds. There may be some plants and HSL seeds for sale.

It would be great to meet you there, Mamzie and anyone else who lives locally.
            Looking forward to this today Will keep a lookout for someone with a vegetable on one shoulder and a chicken on the other? I am the mad little welsh Mama using a zimmer frame x
            and a roll of duct tape.

Comment

Excellent!! I shall look out for you. I'll be loitering around the seed swap table or talking to Michelle at "Edible landscaping" where you can plant a seed in a pot if you're a child - but she lets me play too. Michelle will point me out to you if you don't spot me. Tell her you're looking for Carole as she doesn't know me as VC.
              I'm about 5' with messy white hair and I'll probably be talking to someone that I've never seen before in my life!!

PS I'll wear a red coat to narrow it down a bit!
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 29-02-2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Muckdiva, where is the one in Warwicksire you go to?

Comment

I'm guessing that it might have been the one at the The Heart of England Organic Group in Kenilworth, but that was at the start of the month. Haven't seen any others in Warwickshire.

Are there others nearby?
                  Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Anything in this thread for you, Mark? https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...-a_100731.html

Comment

Thanks, can’t find any

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X