Heritage Bean Seeds (wanted)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage Bean Seeds (wanted)

Does anyone have any Heritage varieties of dwarf or climbing French beans going spare (a couple of seeds should be enough to get going? I’ve had a long break from veg growing and sadly none of my stash in storage has germinated. I should have some lettuce or herb seeds to swap later in the year or happy to send an sae to anyone able to help...
    Thanks I’m advance
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Its a bit late to start beans now. Maybe you could order some from HSL in the new year - or buy some from Real Seeds or one of the other organic seed growers.

When you were here before in 2010, there may not have been any Seed Swap Rules - I don't know?
    But there were so many people joining just for the "free" seeds and disappearing Rules had to be brought in. Basically, people asking for seeds have to be members for 3 months and have made 50 posts in that time.
    I know you've been a member for a long time but, other Grapes may not know that - to them you're a new member. The Rules are at https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...nce_76437.html

To be seen to be fair to everyone, perhaps you could wait 3 months, make 50 posts and then I'm sure there'll be someone who can help you. Thanks.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 10-08-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Will take a look at Real Seeds, thanks for the suggestion. I’m unsure about joining HSL at the moment. I always did in the past but when I called at Ryton earlier in the year, Garden Organic seemed to be in a state of uncertainty with the centre up for sale.
      And time just slips away
      Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Its a bit late to start beans now. Maybe you could order some from HSL in the new year - or buy some from Real Seeds or one of the other organic seed growers.

When you were here before in 2010, there may not have been any Seed Swap Rules - I don't know?
        But there were so many people joining just for the "free" seeds and disappearing Rules had to be brought in. Basically, people asking for seeds have to be members for 3 months and have made 50 posts in that time.
        I know you've been a member for a long time but, other Grapes may not know that - to them you're a new member. The Rules are at https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...nce_76437.html

To be seen to be fair to everyone, perhaps you could wait 3 months, make 50 posts and then I'm sure there'll be someone who can help you. Thanks.
        Ahhh, that makes perfect sense (should have read the sticky) but I don’t remember what the rules were prior to 2010. It’s no problem and yes, will do as suggested. As you say, it’s late for this year anyway, but thought I’d mention it in good time ). Apologies for not checking t&cs of the forum, will have a good read through to reacquaint myself.
        And time just slips away
        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

I have a few " Faglio Rampicante Stringa A Grano Bruno" seeds from Franchi. Not saved, from the packet They are around 18" beans and very tender so if you'd like some PM me.(if it's allowed)
          Other than that the Organic Gardening Catalogue has lots of varieties, I've done Neckar Queen, very quick and good taste, unfortunately I've only got six seeds as I've been eating them and not saved any.
          Rob
          Last edited by robbra; 13-08-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X