Peony seeds wanted

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peony seeds wanted

I know they are supposed to take around 5 years to flower from seed but I really would like to have a go.

Has anyone got any different varieties in flower and willing to save some seed?
    I've lots of seed In my seed box or willing to have a go at saving anything if I have it.

I have the most common ones, a dark red double and a pale pink double, none of the “special” ones. I normally deadhead them but will let a pod of each set this year if you want.

Comment

Thank you very much I have a dark red one but the pale pink one would be lovely.

Comment

I will take a pic as and when they come out and let you decide and shove them in your end of year parcel if you want them. I have a double red, a single red, something else and sarah bernhardt.

Comment

I’ve got a yellow tree peony. That one self sows.
          Can save some of those if you want some.

Comment

^^^ me, me, me please.

I only have one peony, not sure what colour it is, or even how it got where it is.

Comment

Thank you NG and Farendwoman - yes please!!

The garden I went to visit on Saturday had a yellow tree peony and it was lovely.

I've got the basic, I think double red one, several of them but they seem to do very well and they flower at a time when I've not much else going on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A9AF2B8A-5A43-4B83-A9A8-7D03E97932B5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	2383624

Comment

I’ve just had a rummage in the undergrowth.
                There’s a little tiddler I could uproot.
                Shall we chance it travelling ok??
                I’ll save you some seeds later too.

Comment

Only found one seedling VC - but I’ll save you some seed too!

Comment

Seed will suit me fine, FEW, Thank you.

Comment

I’ve got peonies. Never saved seed but happy to give it a try!

Comment

I grew some tree peonies from seed a few years ago and the first of them flowered this year (bright yellow) - the seed took ages to germinate and in fact I'd given up on them and only discovered the germinated seed when I was having a bit of a tidy up ( I know, doubly unlikely).

Comment

I have 3 plants, coming up on their first full year, not too sure what they are yet, but budding up nicely, so should have blossoms later, can email pics and see if anything takes your interest

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenowhere View Post
                            I’ve got peonies. Never saved seed but happy to give it a try!
                            Thank you very much! Give it a try - saving seed is easy and a fab way of getting some plants. You may get hooked!

Comment

Originally posted by SelkirkAlex View Post
                              I have 3 plants, coming up on their first full year, not too sure what they are yet, but budding up nicely, so should have blossoms later, can email pics and see if anything takes your interest
                              Thank you very much !! Fingers crossed you get some flowers.

I'm getting quite excited about trying this....even if I have to possibly wait 5 years for a flower...that is if I can get them to germinate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X