Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job you pointed that out! I did think you were going bananas forgetting that you not long ago requested to join !!!

Welcome aboad Paulie without the B!

Comment

Scarlet - Just sown the following from the VSP getting old and need new stock list

Alaskan Fancy, Cyril's Choice, Egyptian, First In The Field, Kenilworth King George, Lukullus, Petit Moineau, Sallisaw Cafe, Stupice.

I will select two for this years Seed Circle but how many packs of seeds from the others, assuming they actually germinate! do you want to keep the stocks of the VSP fresh?
      Last edited by Cadalot; 09-05-2019, 02:52 PM.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

We don't seem to get much interest in the VSP these days. Possibly because the criteria is a bit tight? But it's hardly worth swapping a load of interesting or unusual tomato seed for gardeners delight or money maker as no one ever requests those back out.
        If anyone has any ideas - please let me know.

Comment

Scarlet - How many other apart from me have requested packs from the VSP in the last 12 months? That may give us an indication of perhaps better ways of dealing with it, if the conclusion is that one actually wants too.

Personally I think its a great resource and have listed those I requested with photos and information on my blog, more in an attempt to recall why I wanted them in the first place as I was on the search for mini and micro tomato plants to add to my growing personal collection which is mainly as a result of this seed circle and I'm now running a Tomato Seed Circle on the Mind Your Peas and Cues Facebook Group.

Alans Allotment: Tomato VSP
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

My part of the VSP has halved since I have had it and there is a good chance it will be gone in a couple of years as there are so few requests. Tomatoes are usually the most popular. The VSPs are fantastic but they can't carry on indefinitely as they are

Comment

Just to say, I would have been happy to be part of, and contribute to the VSP. But the rules changed.
              This is not a complaint,,,,,just saying.
              When I joined, a long time ago, the VSP came to me but now it's only within the UK.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Scarlet, Iíll have a go with purple OSU and try to get some fresh seed going for the seed circle. Itís an amazing colour and looks interesting but, according to what Iíve read, doesnít have much taste.
                Itís not too late is it?

Comment

I think it maybe is a bit late to start now?

Blue Osu was one of the first of the first high anthocyanin tomatoes to be developed by Jim Myers.
                  It isn't a tomato that I would grow again. It was pretty bland. Dancing with Smurf's is one of the antho toms with a good colour, reasonable taste and still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I think it maybe is a bit late to start now?

Blue Osu was one of the first of the first high anthocyanin tomatoes to be developed by Jim Myers.
                    It isn't a tomato that I would grow again. It was pretty bland. Dancing with Smurf's is one of the antho toms with a good colour, reasonable taste and still fun.
                    Shall we forget it for this year then?
                    Got enough plants to worry about really! And there’s not a lot of point in growing something that is tasteless.
                    Thanks Scarlet
                    Please ignore my pm to you ..... I shall wait for next year’s seed circle parcel instead.
                    And again - thank you for organising it all.

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                      Just to say, I would have been happy to be part of, and contribute to the VSP. But the rules changed.
                      This is not a complaint,,,,,just saying.
                      When I joined, a long time ago, the VSP came to me but now it's only within the UK.
                      They were changed to UK return address after I had some problems with overseas postage.
                      If there's anything you want from the VSP, bramble, let me know and you can use my address and I'll forward them on to you.

Comment

That's very kind VC, I am fine for now...
                        It was just the fact that seeds might go past their sell by, for the want of someone growing them out.
                        Thank you for the offer...I will keep it in mind. ��

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by farendwoman View Post
                          Shall we forget it for this year then?
                          Got enough plants to worry about really! And there’s not a lot of point in growing something that is tasteless.
                          Thanks Scarlet
                          Please ignore my pm to you ..... I shall wait for next year’s seed circle parcel instead.
                          And again - thank you for organising it all.
                          OMG!! I am confused!! We have a two way conversation going on! I do think it's just a bit late....

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                            That's very kind VC, I am fine for now...
                            It was just the fact that seeds might go past their sell by, for the want of someone growing them out.
                            Thank you for the offer...I will keep it in mind. ��

Bramble, the seed I sent you last month were VSP seeds.

Comment

I'm hoping to save the following for the Seed Circle:-

Three Cheeses High
                              Father Frost
                              Ruthje
                              Peruvian Bush
                              Radio

Who knows what else?

Comment

K couple more days drying. And the mega truss gardeners delight seeds (Urban Delight?) will be ready. What next?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X