This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please count me in, if thats ok
    I dont meet all the criteria yet but I will do by end of year.

I have saved from 2018, Moskvich and marglobe both OP
    wil be growing 2019
    Mortgage lifter, Marmande and Marmande superrecoche. all OP
    Sincerely
    Steve

Edit: Ive also ordered Mikado, so I must have an obsession with toms starting with "M"
    Last edited by Workslave; 02-05-2019, 10:19 AM.
    I live with autism spectrum disorder. Please be gentle. Sincerely Steve.

Comment

I'd like to join please Scarlet - outdoor girl and another for indoors yet to be purchased - I'd better hurry up.

Comment

I now have a lot more tomato seeds, many thanks to a kind seed swapping red coloured mod.
        I'm new to indoor tomatoes but plan to sow these varieties today:
        orange banana, red buffalo horn, kenilworth king George, blush, black cherry, white cherry.
        They will all be grown together can anyone advise if I will have issues with cross-pollination please?
        Outdoors I will be growing gardeners delight, black cherry and outdoor girl.

Comment

Anyone having probs with germination of toms??
          I must be doing something wrong.
          Nothing up yet for La Carotina or Peace Vine.
          Dancing with Smurfs and Thompson’s Seedless grape germinated like billyo.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdood View Post
            I now have a lot more tomato seeds, many thanks to a kind seed swapping red coloured mod.
            I'm new to indoor tomatoes but plan to sow these varieties today:
            orange banana, red buffalo horn, kenilworth king George, blush, black cherry, white cherry.
            They will all be grown together can anyone advise if I will have issues with cross-pollination please?
            Outdoors I will be growing gardeners delight, black cherry and outdoor girl.
            You will have no problems with them.

#just Incase you didn't know -Kenilworth tomato is a Bush - so no side shooting required. It's a lovely tasting variety and well worth trying.
            Last edited by Scarlet; 08-04-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by farendwoman View Post
              Anyone having probs with germination of toms??
              I must be doing something wrong.
              Nothing up yet for La Carotina or Peace Vine.
              Dancing with Smurfs and Thompson’s Seedless grape germinated like billyo.

How are you sowing them? Heated propagator or indoors on a windowsill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                How are you sowing them? Heated propagator or indoors on a windowsill?
                Heated propagator.
                I didn’t sow all of them though - saved a few of each.
                Should I try them on the windowsill?

Comment

Hmm, heated prop should be perfect. I would try again making sure the pots don't dry out.

Comment

You will have no problems with them.

#just Incase you didn't know -Kenilworth tomato is a Bush - so no side shooting required. .
                    Thanks Scarlet I have a few seedlings of each now, I just need to find some space in the house and pot them on. Thanks for the info on Kenilworth I didn't know.

Comment

I don't grow many bush toms but I think that's one that's worth a shot!

EDIT - IGNORE MY COMMENTS - it is NOT a Bush Tom ( sorry, I did partake in a glass last night!)

Read my review here #post 115

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1377212
                      Last edited by Scarlet; 09-04-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Interested in having a go at grafting toms. Any suggestions please for a variety and source of a good rootstock seed?
                        Have seen the Sutton’s grafted veg in a local Garden Centre - VERY expensive - and I’d just like to try it and see what the difference is between a “normal” seed raised variety and the same variety grafted on to a tough old rootstock.

Comment

Interested in having a go at grafting toms. Any suggestions please for a variety and source of a good rootstock seed?
                          Have seen the Sutton’s grafted veg in a local Garden Centre - VERY expensive - and I’d just like to try it and see what the difference is between a “normal” seed raised variety and the same variety grafted on to a tough old rootstock.
                          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1352473 about the seeds varieties

Current grafting thread https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1352473
                          Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
                          Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
                          Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

I also posted a link in your thread here yesterday.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1654248

This is thread is current and also has lots of links on:
                            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...oes_97704.html
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 26-04-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Thank you !
                              I also posted a link in your thread here yesterday.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1654248

This is thread is current and also has lots of links on:
                              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...oes_97704.html

Comment

Hi. I'd like to join please. I plan to save Cyril's Choice, Lukullus, and Raspberry Oxheart. Please note that there is some room for confusion, as I see that PaulieB has joined - you might want to reflect that he is he and me is me (!) on the master list at the top of the thread.

Thanks to Scarlet for running this again - it is very much appreciated!

Paulie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X