Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I may have grown those - awhile ago and had good results.
    My memory may not be quite what it was but I think Bramble also had a go the following year but they didn't do so well for her.

Comment

• Received NGS and Brambles seeds so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by MelanieSW View Post
        Hi, erm sorry, looks like I missed an update with details, not sure where to send mine? 😬
        Originally posted by SimpleSimon View Post
        Black russian is fine l, gave up counting at 150.
        Sorry, I have you both down with Black Russian- trying to juggle too many plates - could you both just send 10 bags of Black Russian each?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Sorry, I have you both down with Black Russian- trying to juggle too many plates - could you both just send 10 bags of Black Russian each?
          Just checking my stash, and though it wasn't a great year for Latah, I have quite a bit left over from last year if that's better? Probably only 5 per packet though.

Comment

• Yes that would be lovely!
            Thank you.

Simon - you need to ignore my last few messages.
            18 packs of B Butcher and B Russian required

Comment

• Can I have your address too please, Scarlet? I'll send my Chilli Seed Circle seeds in the same package.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Yes that would be lovely!
                Thank you.

Simon - you need to ignore my last few messages.
                18 packs of B Butcher and B Russian required
                No worries

Comment

• 18 each of Sun baby and Latah are on their way
                  Thanks for organising this Scarlet!

(As I have to go through a bumper pack of little brown envelopes, you'll have to trust me that there's a minimum of 6 Latah seeds and 7 Sun babies each ...)
                  Last edited by MelanieSW; 12-10-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• I trust you! I ain't counting anymore than my own !

Comment

• Really bad year I've only managed to grow enough Rotkappchen Dwarf Tomatoes but I do have some Mini White Cucumbers I could contribute as a second as I don't have enough of anything else
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Just the one will be fine Cads! Don't worry. We all get the odd year that's pants.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4ED0938D-A463-4D9F-AC42-033772D99160.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2385574
                          Purple Cherokee
                          ‘80 days. An old Cherokee Indian heirloom, pre-1890 variety; beautiful, deep, dusky purple-pink color, superb sweet flavor, and very-large-sized fruit. Try this one for real old-time tomato flavor.’ (info from rare seeds dot com)

I was pleasantly surprised by the flavour and texture of this tomato - not watery at all like some beefsteaks. Bought the plant from a nursery very late in June and it still managed to produce half a dozen good size fruits outdoors. Unfortunately all mine split after the prolonged rain. Will grow again though.

Tigerella
                          ‘Remarkably striped medium sized fruit provide a decorative alternative to standard varieties. Bountiful trusses provide large crops of this award winning tomato, it can be grown outdoors or in a greenhouse. Indeterminate’ (info from fothergills)

My plant was nursery bought and to be brutal, it was ugly as sin with weird angled branched stems and leaves which went blue - it always looked like it might keel over and die, but instead it produced some pretty looking fruit - not a great quantity but acceptable. Taste and texture is average. It was early though, and possibly the plant and yield may have fared better in the ground than in a pot.
                          Last edited by muckdiva; 14-10-2019, 11:17 AM.
                          All at once I hear your voice
                          And time just slips away
                          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

• Right package sent. I defo have more respect for anyone who packages seeds for a living haha. Took me bloomin ages. Started hand writing the labels, got cramp in my hand after about 3 and decided to use the computer despite not actually owning a printer. So apologies for the labels being small but I couldn't reprint them.

All done anyways. Choc hab for the chilli swap sent too.

Looking forward to growing some of the ones on the list next year. The poly tunnel just doesn't look the same full of lettuce and Pak choi.

Comment

• Received....3 today. VegiP, MelSW and Mcdood!

Thank you all

Comment

• OK, I've bagged them up and will take them in to the post office next time I'm there.

Summer Cider and Britain's Breakfast eventually got enough for 5/6 of each. Bad year all round for tomatoes but inundated with apples - despite the squirrels and magpies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X