On the scrounge for Oca.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the scrounge for Oca.

Please, will anyone have any Oca tubers surplus to requirements? I know they won't be ready for a couple of months but if you have any unwanted ones could I have some please?
    Obviously, I'll pay p&p or swap you for something from my seed collection.
    I used to grow it but it disappeared and I have this overwhelming urge to grow it again (but not enough of an urge to buy them )

Thank you.............grovel, grovel.

Should be able to wing a few your way. At the moment it's refusing to be killed off by the frost, snow, sleet or hail and once it does die down I'll leave it a week or two before harvest but I think that I should have a few spare tubers. Not sure what colours though.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

”I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Thank you
      Any colours - I don't mind. I still have some "pollinated by bats" and Crookneck squash to send you but I need your address.

Comment

It's my first time growing it, but the foliage is looking very healthy and I'm hoping for a decent crop. I'd be happy to send you some if there are actually tubers forming! My garden is relatively sheltered, so it may be a while before the frosts kill it back and I get to find out what's there.

Comment

likewise!

I have some growing, but it looks like it will still be going for a while. when I lift it I can send you some (assuming I've managed to grow any)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Thank you
            Any colours - I don't mind. I still have some "pollinated by bats" and Crookneck squash to send you but I need your address.
            Ah yes - the Cucumber tree. Somehow doubt that I'll ever get fruit as there seems to be a lack of fruit bats in the Geordie suburbs but the fact that it might be impossible is no reason not to try.

Space might be an issue as I filled the last possible tree space with Quince, Medlar, mulberry, Saskatoon and goji but I may be able to squeeze another in somewhere - although I was tempted to grow a pea tree.

”I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”
            ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Is that the Siberian pea tree 'cos i think I have seeds of that too.

Comment

I think I've seeds for it as well. Figured it could be a good mulch plant for chop and drop

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Maybe we should sow some.

Comment

My plants are looking a little knocked back by frost, so I had a a little furtle in the soil and there are definitely tubers! No idea how many, but definitely some. Very exciting

Comment

My plants are still going. I have red/white, peach and 'black' (aka really dark red!) if you want some when the time comes.

PS If you have any luffa seeds I'd love to swap for some...
                      Last edited by sparrow100; 14-11-2018, 11:38 AM.
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Maybe we should sow some.
                        Oca can be grown from seed too!

https://www.cultivariable.com/
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                          My plants are still going. I have red/white, peach and 'black' (aka really dark red!) if you want some when the time comes.

PS If you have any luffa seeds I'd love to swap for some...
                          Yes please, sparrow, any colour would be good, whatever you have the most of.

I'll send you some luffa seeds, I have plenty!. I grew seedling plants but didn't plant them out. Next year I'll do better.

Comment

Yes please, sparrow, any colour would be good, whatever you have the most of.

I'll send you some luffa seeds, I have plenty!. I grew seedling plants but didn't plant them out. Next year I'll do better.
                            Brilliant - luffatastic in fact! My plants are now officially toast thanks to 2 days of -C. Will wait a little for the tubers to swell and see what I have.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

VC did you get some in the end? I have Sparrow's red/white and peach the black one decided to be pants. Unfortunately they are a bit holely. Happy to freeze and send (nothing ventured, nothing gained )
                              Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
                              Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
                              Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X