No announcement yet.

Parsley

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone, been on holiday which I mainly spent admiring neat arrangements of vine tomatoes from the car window on Italian byways...
    Well you're all blessed because my basil's titchy my parsley's hopeless and as for my chervil...
    2 questions though. 1. is it way too late to try basil again?
    and 2. I've read in respected gardening books that tarragon likes (Jekka) and hates (Diacono/River Cottage) pots. Anyone have any views?

Comment

I have tarragon in a pot as it's not winter hardy. It will need a greenhouse/windowsill home for the cold months.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

too late for it outside but try it on a windowsill. Beware though, it has a disturbing tendency to smell like cats wee in an enclosed space....

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
          but generally speaking, I don't have a problem.
          Famous last words. I had my prsley growing under fleece along with some carrots for the kitchen. carrots and parsley decimated by carrot root fly. I musta shut the little beggars in instead of shutting them out

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
            Famous last words. I had my prsley growing under fleece along with some carrots for the kitchen. carrots and parsley decimated by carrot root fly. I musta shut the little beggars in instead of shutting them out
            Can sympathise with that AP, I seem to have enviromeshed egg laden cauliflowers. The leaves have all but disappeared!

I have managed to grow mint for the first time ever, in pots.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X