Lemon Balm

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon Balm

Has anyone ever tried to grow this herb? I'm having trouble getting it started from seed

Melissa? It's all over my plot, bladdy nuisance (PM me if you want some for SAE)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just nip a bit off and it roots like billy-o.

Comment

Find somebody with a bit of melissa to spare, it grows like mint, stick it in a big pot and stand back!
        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Lemon balm's growing from seed for me - however, rosemary, can't ever get that to take! If you want some later in year once my seeds have grown up, get in touch and I'll send you some cuttings (or small plants if I can figure out how to send through post in one piece).

best wishes,
          Anna

Comment

Spent an hour digging the darn stuff up this afternoon. I love it, but give it an inch...
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I've found it establishes and grows considerably better in the ground than in a pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Stox View Post
                (or small plants if I can figure out how to send through post in one piece).
                Wrap the roots in damp tissue, cover with cling film, then put inside an old pop bottle. Wrap in brown paper or jiffy bag, and take to post office where the staff will kick it around like a football

Comment

My wife used to make face washes or something out of it (freak!). Smells nice mind, we started it from a cutting and then it spread like wildfire.

Comment

You can make wine from it too Chris

Comment

I'd poison myself. Honestly

besides, I don't drink anymore - not after last Friday.

Comment

I bought a small pot of it last year and plonked it in the ground....no sign of it this year though

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                          I bought a small pot of it last year and plonked it in the ground....no sign of it this year though
                          I have a couple of bits of it rooted on the lotty which will get composted unless somebody wants it (for SAE, pm me if interested)

Comment

If anyone still has any lemon balm please let me know postage costs - thanks

Comment

I grew lemon balm from seed last year, its in a pot on the balcony as I didn't want it seeding all over the allotment, its thriving like mad this year.

I made a cold sore treatment from it (based on James Wong's recipe but with my own tweaks) and can't believe how well it works, better than anything from the chemist.
                              My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X