pineapple sage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pineapple sage

At the end of the summer, I took a small bit of my pineapple sage that had roots attached and potted it up to overwinter. It's grown, but is very leggy. If I took a cutting of greengrowth (no roots) and potted it up, would it grow?
    Hill of Beans updated April 18th

Hi

I am guessing that you may have this plant in the house so it would explain why it has become leggy. Firstly pinch the top out and encourage the plant to bulk up but also try and harden the plant off in a cold greenhouse etc and then. If you keep pinching the growing top out (within reason) the whole plant should bush up nicely.

I would also wait until maybe May + before seriously trying to take extra cuttings.

Hope this helps

Dave
    Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I know it's leggy because I've been keeping it on the windowsill, but as it's half hardy and I don't have any other place to put it, that's where it's gotta live for now. I've done some pinching and it has bushed out, but it's still really leggy. I'll keep pinching it and wait till the Spring to take cuttings.
      Hill of Beans updated April 18th

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X