Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a silly question...

silly as in "duh" not silly as in funny ha ha

I have just bought some herbs from the supermarket as I haven't got my herb bed fully sorted yet nor was I organised enough to grow stuff from seed ready for winter use..

I realise I need to keep Basil on a windowsill but do I need to keep thyme, mint and flat-leaf parsley on a window sill or can I pot them up and put them in an unheated greenhouse?

Bec

Thyme, mint and parley are quite hardy. I'd get them potted on and in your greenhouse. You could even put them in the garden, with a suitable hardening off period. Mine are in the garden.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thankyou Flummery, I will get them potted up tomorrow xx

Comment

I let my basil flower in our old house - it was planted on a table (outside), in an old watering can.. all around the watering can grew new basil the following year, after it had all died back over the winter!

Comment

did you want to use the over the winter ? Mint & parsley will die down, and tyme will be ok but not as flavoursome as when warm.

Comment

I was hoping to have them for use over the winter... we had 2 days of heavy frosts after I posted and now we have a light scattering of snow so I still haven't potted up and hardened off...

Thinking I might pot up but put them on windowsills instead...

Comment

They say it will be mild agaon soon ! I tend to leave most in the garden & pot a bit up of those I want to use over winter, so maybe you could do this next year ?

Comment

I'll be more organised next year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X